cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New!!! Humane Society Discover IT Card!!!!

tag
BluePoodle
Valued Contributor

Re: New!!! Humane Society Discover IT Card!!!!

@B335is wrote:

@BluePoodle wrote:

Meanwhile, I would like to know if I could PC my current Discover It card to this one.......Smiley Frustrated

Yes, I just talked to them and they said no problem and are mailing me the new card!

Thanks for your response. So everything else remains the same other than the donation to the donation to the Humane Society?

You still can use the shop Discover too for discounts?

Thanks....

CapOne $7500 | Discover $8500 | Amex ED $25K | Barclay SM $5700 | Chase Disney $500 | Chase Slate $5K | Target $3K | Hilton Amex $2K
Gardening Since 4/3/2017
Message 31 of 36
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

@BluePoodle wrote:

@B335is wrote:

@BluePoodle wrote:

Meanwhile, I would like to know if I could PC my current Discover It card to this one.......Smiley Frustrated

Yes, I just talked to them and they said no problem and are mailing me the new card!

Thanks for your response. So everything else remains the same other than the donation to the donation to the Humane Society?

Thanks....

Yes the rewards and shop Discover they said is the same.  Just a portion of the swipe fees they normally make off of our charges are donated to Humane Society.

Message 32 of 36
chalupaman
Super Contributor

Just converted to this version of the card and I'm very happy that I'll still be able to keep the 5% rotating categories and 1% cashback on purchases and stuff like that unlike if I had decided to convert to the Discover It Chrome Card. The card will get here in 4-6 days.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 33 of 36
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@eagle2013 wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

@eagle2013 wrote:

I disagree that the subject is off-topic. I think it is perfectly legitimate to have an informative debate on what is essentially the rewards structure of this card (charity), particularly if there are going to be PCs involved. It's a different dimension that hasn't been discussed here, and it's good to see differing opinions of the charities to which potential CC swipes support. 

The rewards structure of the card has not changed. The discussion of a CEO opening up the books etc has nothing to do with the rewards affixed to the card. 

It certainly is a different "rewards" structure, not just in the traditional sense of cashback or miles, but in the form of charity.

"Current Discover customers that convert to a Discover Humane Society of the U.S. card, after the conversion date Discover will contribute to The Humane Society of the U.S. .20% of net purchases for those who were approved under terms advertised at time of application and .01% of net purchases for those who were approved under alternative terms than originally advertised."

I think it is more than appropriate to express views on differing credit products, and the potential legitimacy to which the CC swipes support before everyone goes PC happy. I have no bone in this fight, but for the sake of transparency those should feel free to state their opinion and perhaps provide information that others didn't have - which is the purpose of this forum.

The rewards structure has not changed, a donation based on your purchases is being contributed by Discover. 

The discussion veered off topic when the pay structure and the inner workings of the charity were discussed. 

As I said before, you can start a thread in Smorgasboard on the right or wrong of having a creditor donate to a foundation, charity etc.  

In regards to the potential legitimacy if what a lender may or may do with their donations, that too would belong in Smorgasboard

Message 34 of 36
Ron1
Super Contributor

@B335is wrote:

@BluePoodle wrote:

That's great. I need to wait for her to call back. It was too late for pc. I requested to change it Discover IT Chrome last week. I might have to wait for another month.

Ron.

Message 35 of 36
BluePoodle
Valued Contributor

@B335is wrote:

@BluePoodle wrote:

@B335is wrote:

@BluePoodle wrote:

Thanks....

Yes the rewards and shop Discover they said is the same.  Just a portion of the swipe fees they normally make off of our charges are donated to Humane Society.

Thank you!  I think I want to call and see if I can make the change over too then. Thanks!

CapOne $7500 | Discover $8500 | Amex ED $25K | Barclay SM $5700 | Chase Disney $500 | Chase Slate $5K | Target $3K | Hilton Amex $2K
Gardening Since 4/3/2017
Message 36 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.