Reply
Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,322
Registered: ‎07-07-2013
0

New IHG World MC card!

Chase has replaced the Visa Sig IHG with WMC? :smileysurprised:

 

 

ihg_card.png

Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,322
Registered: ‎07-07-2013
0

Re: New IHG World MC card!

I just called the CS and was told that I had to apply for the WMC version! I was not able to convert my Visa Sig to the WMC!! :smileymad:

Frequent Contributor
Posts: 346
Registered: ‎06-21-2012
0

Re: New IHG World MC card!


DigitalArk wrote:

I just called the CS and was told that I had to apply for the WMC version! I was not able to convert my Visa Sig to the WMC!! :smileymad:


good for you! double bonus time!

EX:5(23.5;17;12;114)TU:2(17;10)EQ:1(4)
Super Contributor
Posts: 7,132
Registered: ‎02-27-2013
0

Re: New IHG World MC card!

[ Edited ]

Don't seem to make any difference other than the network itself though.


If only Chase still allows people to have more than 1 card of the same type........ :smileytongue:

 

To add: This new design looks hideous. It's like Chinese New Year gone wrong...

 

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,322
Registered: ‎07-07-2013
0

Re: New IHG World MC card!


enharu wrote:

Don't seem to make any difference other than the network itself though.


If only Chase still allows people to have more than 1 card of the same type........ :smileytongue:

 

To add: This new design looks hideous. It's like Chinese New Year gone wrong...

 


Yes, it's hideous! But I already have two Visa Sig's from Chase, I prefer to have a WMC from them.

Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,322
Registered: ‎07-07-2013
0

Re: New IHG World MC card!

I just talked to a CSP rep, man he was short with me. It's the first time that CSP rep service was not great. :smileymad:

Super Contributor
Posts: 7,132
Registered: ‎02-27-2013
0

Re: New IHG World MC card!


DigitalArk wrote:

enharu wrote:

Don't seem to make any difference other than the network itself though.


If only Chase still allows people to have more than 1 card of the same type........ :smileytongue:

 

To add: This new design looks hideous. It's like Chinese New Year gone wrong...

 


Yes, it's hideous! But I already have two Visa Sig's from Chase, I prefer to have a WMC from them.


Don't you already have a Barclays Arrival too? 

There's really not much difference between Visa or MC. Both are pretty much the same thing. 

 

If you really want a MC, you can always pick up a WEMC from Citi as well. The Citi Thank You Premier comes as a World Elite Mastercard by default if you apply in a branch.

 

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,322
Registered: ‎07-07-2013
0

Re: New IHG World MC card!

No Citi branches around...:smileysad:

Valued Contributor
Posts: 2,300
Registered: ‎01-22-2012
0

Re: New IHG World MC card!


enharu wrote:

Don't seem to make any difference other than the network itself though.


If only Chase still allows people to have more than 1 card of the same type........ :smileytongue:

 

To add: This new design looks hideous. It's like Chinese New Year gone wrong...

 


+1. It is hideous, but I think it's supposed to match the new IHG membership cards which are done in a similar style. It's very interesting that they decided to make it MC, especially when Chase as a whole is moving away from MC.

FICOs: EX: 826, EQ: 817, TU: 810
Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL
Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank American Airlines Executive World Elite MasterCard - $22,500 CL
J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,322
Registered: ‎07-07-2013
0

Re: New IHG World MC card!

enharu wrote:

 

Don't you already have a Barclays Arrival too? 

There's really not much difference between Visa or MC. Both are pretty much the same thing. 

If you really want a MC, you can always pick up a WEMC from Citi as well. The Citi Thank You Premier comes as a World Elite Mastercard by default if you apply in a branch.


Yes, I guess I did not make it clear. I don't really want 3 Visa Sig's from Chase. I would rather have two Visa Sig and one WMC.

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.