Did you mean: 

New IHG World MC card!

tag
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: New IHG World MC card!

@DigitalArk wrote:

@enharu wrote:

Don't you already have a Barclays Arrival too? 

There's really not much difference between Visa or MC. Both are pretty much the same thing. 

If you really want a MC, you can always pick up a WEMC from Citi as well. The Citi Thank You Premier comes as a World Elite Mastercard by default if you apply in a branch.

Yes, I guess I did not make it clear. I don't really want 3 Visa Sig's from Chase. I would rather have two Visa Sig and one WMC.

Just don't worry too much about it.

In most cases you won't even be able to notice any difference, other than the asthetics. 

You can also try to look around online for a Citi app link for a Mastercard version, though there's no guarantee on whether it will be a WEMC, WMC, or Plat MC. 

Mastercard is accepted in more countries compared to Visa, but the difference is really minimal. I'm pretty surprised Chase switched that card to MC as well.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 11 of 21
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

Looks like a decent card were the bonus points the same?

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 12 of 21
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

@DigitalArk wrote:

Chase has replaced the Visa Sig IHG with WMC? Smiley Surprised

ihg_card.png

@DigitalArk wrote:

Chase has replaced the Visa Sig IHG with WMC? Smiley Surprised

ihg_card.png

Everytime i look at this card, it reminds me of

Must be the color thing lol

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 13 of 21
DigitalArk
Valued Contributor

Smiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy

Message 14 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wonders never cease. We hear Chase is dropping their relationship with MasterCard and now...! Looks like an interesting card.
Message 15 of 21
hotforcredit
New Visitor

I just became a member right before the change to mastercard. When I called they said everyone will be changed over to the mastercard by end of this month. If you didnt want to get a mastercard they would close your account for you.

Message 16 of 21
irvinfitness

I have received absolutely no indication of this from Chase and I question the truth in this statement.  I can't imagine they would go to that trouble. 

Message 17 of 21
john398
Senior Contributor

@hotforcredit wrote:

I just became a member right before the change to mastercard. When I called they said everyone will be changed over to the mastercard by end of this month. If you didnt want to get a mastercard they would close your account for you.

I wonder if thats because IHG and MC are now partners

www.ihg.com/mastercard.

Message 18 of 21
GetTheFico
Regular Contributor

Just to update, I just received a message from Chase that my VISA will be replaced with the MasterCard version by May 17.

Pretty sure all card holders will get the message too.

EQ: 780
EX: 767
TU: 779
Message 19 of 21
ficojoe
Frequent Contributor

My IHG Visa was not the Signature variety. However, my new card is going to be a World Mastercard, so, this is an upgrade for me!

Now I need to convince Barclays to convert my Visa Platinum to signature, but they told me I need to reapply for that even though they increased my credit limit above the Signature threashold. 

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.