Super Contributor
enharu

Re: New IHG World MC card!

DigitalArk wrote:

enharu wrote:

Don't you already have a Barclays Arrival too? 

There's really not much difference between Visa or MC. Both are pretty much the same thing. 

If you really want a MC, you can always pick up a WEMC from Citi as well. The Citi Thank You Premier comes as a World Elite Mastercard by default if you apply in a branch.

Yes, I guess I did not make it clear. I don't really want 3 Visa Sig's from Chase. I would rather have two Visa Sig and one WMC.

Just don't worry too much about it.

In most cases you won't even be able to notice any difference, other than the asthetics. 

You can also try to look around online for a Citi app link for a Mastercard version, though there's no guarantee on whether it will be a WEMC, WMC, or Plat MC. 

Mastercard is accepted in more countries compared to Visa, but the difference is really minimal. I'm pretty surprised Chase switched that card to MC as well.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Senior Contributor
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest

[ Edited ]

Looks like a decent card were the bonus points the same?

Senior Contributor
yudeology101

DigitalArk wrote:

Chase has replaced the Visa Sig IHG with WMC? :smileysurprised:

ihg_card.png

DigitalArk wrote:

Chase has replaced the Visa Sig IHG with WMC? :smileysurprised:

ihg_card.png

Everytime i look at this card, it reminds me of

Must be the color thing lol

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +13more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 9/12/14*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 as of 12-12-13)
Valued Contributor
DigitalArk

:smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy:

Community Leader
Super Contributor
ArmyVietVet

Wonders never cease. We hear Chase is dropping their relationship with MasterCard and now...! Looks like an interesting card.

Starting Score: 760
Current Score: 812
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
New Visitor
hotforcredit

I just became a member right before the change to mastercard. When I called they said everyone will be changed over to the mastercard by end of this month. If you didnt want to get a mastercard they would close your account for you.

irvinfitness

I have received absolutely no indication of this from Chase and I question the truth in this statement.  I can't imagine they would go to that trouble. 

Senior Contributor
john398

hotforcredit wrote:

I just became a member right before the change to mastercard. When I called they said everyone will be changed over to the mastercard by end of this month. If you didnt want to get a mastercard they would close your account for you.

I wonder if thats because IHG and MC are now partners

www.ihg.com/mastercard.

Regular Contributor
GetTheFico

Just to update, I just received a message from Chase that my VISA will be replaced with the MasterCard version by May 17.

Pretty sure all card holders will get the message too.

EQ: 714, TU: 706, EX: 684

Most used: Barclay Sallie Mae, Citi Double Cash
Hotel cards: Chase IHG, Marriott, Hyatt
Rarely used: AmEx BCE, Barclay Arrival, Discover it, NFCU cashRewards

Frequent Contributor
ficojoe

My IHG Visa was not the Signature variety. However, my new card is going to be a World Mastercard, so, this is an upgrade for me!

Now I need to convince Barclays to convert my Visa Platinum to signature, but they told me I need to reapply for that even though they increased my credit limit above the Signature threashold. 

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}