Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New MACYS CC Levels

tag
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

New MACYS CC Levels

My mom received ELITE level, there is now Preferred $1-$499, ELITE $500-$999, and Premier ELITE $1000+.

I wonder if the cards are going to change as well. Did anyone else get this?

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 1 of 35
34 REPLIES 34
RushXTC
Established Contributor

Re: New MACYS CC Levels

I got gold, Or whatever the 2nd level is, I was like uhh... what?

I didn't even know there was levels lol.

Message 2 of 35
visorboy1974
Valued Contributor

I know there used to be a Gold level that covered the $500-$999 in annual spend.  Sounds like they just renamed the levels.  

FICO Scores Updated 07/15 EQ08 748 EX08 748 TU08 818
Message 3 of 35
amdm2013
Frequent Contributor

My card changed from red to gold in my online acc in Jan. When i called to find out more they said i would qualify for the platinum. They said the gold was already mailed out. A week later i received two letters that I did not qualify for the gold or plat and I have spent over a $1k in ten months.

That same day I checked my acc online, and it had changrd back to red .. lol. I used the card last week and it has now changed to gold. I have not received any cards so far.

CSP: $20k / BarclayCard WMC: $20k / US Bank Sig: $12k / Diners Club: $10k / Macy's: $10k / CapOne QS: $8k / Sportsman's Visa: $7.5k / Overstock: $7.4k / Citi DP: $3.6k / US Bank LOC: $2.5k / Cabela's: $2k / Bank of Hawaii AmEx: $1.6k / Chase Marriott: $1.5k / Amazon Visa: $500
Message 4 of 35
visorboy1974
Valued Contributor

@amdm2013 wrote:
My card changed from red to gold in my online acc in Jan. When i called to find out more they said i would qualify for the platinum. They said the gold was already mailed out. A week later i received two letters that I did not qualify for the gold or plat and I have spent over a $1,000 n ten months.

The same day i checked online it changrd back to red .. lol. I used the card last week and it has now changed to gold. I have not received any cards so far.

I had to call and specifically request the Platinum card and specifically mention to them I had spent over $1K in the past year.  They finally sent one out to me after about 3 weeks.  

FICO Scores Updated 07/15 EQ08 748 EX08 748 TU08 818
Message 5 of 35
amdm2013
Frequent Contributor

The first rep informed me that I had spent over $1,1500 since Jan and tha I would be upgraded. After I received the letters, I called again and the rep said that I did qualify for it and I know that I have paid over $1,300 in full since Feb. She said their system automatically updated the membership card status.

CSP: $20k / BarclayCard WMC: $20k / US Bank Sig: $12k / Diners Club: $10k / Macy's: $10k / CapOne QS: $8k / Sportsman's Visa: $7.5k / Overstock: $7.4k / Citi DP: $3.6k / US Bank LOC: $2.5k / Cabela's: $2k / Bank of Hawaii AmEx: $1.6k / Chase Marriott: $1.5k / Amazon Visa: $500
Message 6 of 35
mxp114
Valued Contributor

So Red, Gold, Platinum and Elite are gone? My acct is still Elite, as in the old $2500+ Elite status but I guess I should have Premier Elite? Is that the highest tier?

Message 7 of 35
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest wrote:

My mom received ELITE level, there is now Preferred $1-$499, ELITE $500-$999, and Premier ELITE $1000+.

I wonder if the cards are going to change as well. Did anyone else get this?

Yes, we received the paperwork with "worthless" coupons saturday saying congrats for being "Premier Elite"

I facebooked them saying that I felt if they actually cared about customers they would direct some of the millions of dollars they spend mailing these coupons that exclude almost the entire store and actually give me some of that money for coming into the store and shopping... Furthermore I thought they dropped the "Elite" from $2500+ spending a year to just a tiny $1k+ a year for the exact reason that their customer base is tired of the worthless coupon and 1 day sales every other day and they are no longer shopping"

I have not heard from them Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 35
mnavas
Frequent Contributor

Does this only apply for the store cards? I wonder if they're gonna come up with new levels for the AMEX version (s) which is the one i own

Message 9 of 35
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@mnavas wrote:

Does this only apply for the store cards? I wonder if they're gonna come up with new levels for the AMEX version (s) which is the one i own

This is actually the 3 levels of the Amex but it only comes in 2 colors now... when the employee swipes your card they will see what level you are... but otherwise you have the White Amex or the Black Amex.

Message 10 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.