Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Macys's card!

tag
butterflyblu
New Contributor

New Macys's card!

I applied online to Macys and received an instant approval.  They gave me an account number, but no credit limit.  So I called and they asked me how much do you need to do your shopping?  Duh, well um a million dollars will do.. I was thinking that. lol  So I just blurted out um $400.00  he caught me off guard and  I guess I didn't want too seem greedy.. so he said ok your limit is $400.00 make sure you shop over the next 48 hours for all your discounts. WOW that was easy! 

I have tried so many times over the years for Macys and they always said No. I feel so accomplished today!    Happy Girl!

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
FinanceGuy007
New Contributor

Re: New Macys's card!

Congratulations!!! Your well on your way. Next time say whats on your mind since he made it seem so easy... LOL But you did the right thing. Keep up the good work on mainntaining your credit.

Starting Score 12/29/2010: 475 EQ FICO
Current Score: 585 EQ FICO (10/10/11) 583 TU FICO (10/24/2011) 598 EX FICO (10/10/11)
Goal Score 12/29/2011: 600

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I Think More Likely You Can Spend Up To $400 In The Next 48 Hours, Then You're Account Will Reset, And You'll Have To Call Them Again For A Preset Amount.  Many People Have Been Declined In The Store Or Have Learned To Call First To Be Sure The Amount They're Going To Spend Will Authorize

Message 3 of 19
butterflyblu
New Contributor

So, do they have a "as needed" credit system?

Message 4 of 19
FinanceGuy007
New Contributor

@Scott1970 Now that I reread the original post again.... Keep words "to do your shopping" silly me. Paying attention to details are fundamental. Smiley Indifferent

Starting Score 12/29/2010: 475 EQ FICO
Current Score: 585 EQ FICO (10/10/11) 583 TU FICO (10/24/2011) 598 EX FICO (10/10/11)
Goal Score 12/29/2011: 600

Message 5 of 19
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@butterflyblu wrote:

So, do they have a "as needed" credit system?

Yes, for now... lots of talk of bringing back actual Credit Lines.  I think if you got your card back when CL's existed, you can probably shop without to much stress up to that old CL without needing to call and worry at register... Otherwise if a large out of norm purchase is about to happen I might call but I have never had any issues.

Message 6 of 19
butterflyblu
New Contributor

So, let me see if I understand correctly. So,  each time I am going to shop at Macys I need to call and give them an amount I need?  Thats funny how they do that I didn't know that is how it worked.

Message 7 of 19
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Congrats

Message 8 of 19
MissExcellentCredit
Regular Contributor

Congratulations to you! I've had a Macys card forever, and I got way back in the day when they had CL's. My line is pretty high and I've never had problems. I wish they would report the CL though.

Current 2013 Score: ScoreWatch Transunion: 737, ScoreWatch Equifax: 723, Nordstrom Equifax: 734
Goal Score for January 2014: 750-809 range

Message 9 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep, That's Pretty Much What I've Seen From Everyone Who's Posted.  I Myself Was Just Approved A few Weeks Ago And Have Only Made One $85 Dollar Purchase, Which I Didn't Call Before Making, But Do Some Searches And You'll See It Referenced In Many Posts.

I Saw A Post On Another Site, From A Person Who Says They Work For Macy's Credit, They State That Macy's Is Testing New Software And That At Some Point Store Accounts Will Be Receiving Credit Limits, So Hopefully There's Truth To That.

On A Side Note Bloomingdales Uses The Same Bank, I Was Approved For Their Card A Day Or Two After Approved For Macy's.  I Doubt I'll Use It, But It's Another Account For My Rebuild.

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.