Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Marvel owners... plz buy something from Amazon

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

New Marvel owners... plz buy something from Amazon

Hey so since everyone is getting their new and shiny Marvel cards, can someone please go and buy something off Amazon and report if it codes as a bookstore? In the name of science and research... thanks!
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: New Marvel owners... plz buy something from Amazon

@Anonymous wrote:
Hey so since everyone is getting their new and shiny Marvel cards, can someone please go and buy something off Amazon and report if it codes as a bookstore? In the name of science and research... thanks!

It's a Mastercard, and Mastercard codes most Amazon purchases as "bookstore", so we already know what the result will be.

Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

So basically as long as your Amazon purchase is actually from Amazon and not some vendor you get 3%?
Message 3 of 12
kdm31091
Super Contributor

I don't understand the big fuss over it, considering you can get a guaranteed 3% on the Chase amazon, a guaranteed 5% on the amazon store card, etc. You also can get 5% by doing "bookstores" on cash+.

Again, the Marvel card is a Mastercard, so the coding is going to be the same as other Mastercards/Visas. Amazon has always come up as a bookstore for most purchases, and when it does, yes, you will get the 3%.

The credit isn't awarded until the end of the month, so no one will know right away anyway (unless Synch does "rewards per transaction" reporting, which I don't know if they do or not).

Message 4 of 12
wacdenney
Valued Contributor

I still haven't recieved my card.  It's taking foreevvveeerrrrrr....

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@wacdenney wrote:

I knooowwww meeee tooooooo.. Lol

maybe tomorrow...

Message 6 of 12
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@kdm31091 wrote:

I don't understand the big fuss over it, considering you can get a guaranteed 3% on the Chase amazon, a guaranteed 5% on the amazon store card, etc. You also can get 5% by doing "bookstores" on cash+.

Again, the Marvel card is a Mastercard, so the coding is going to be the same as other Mastercards/Visas. Amazon has always come up as a bookstore for most purchases, and when it does, yes, you will get the 3%.

The credit isn't awarded until the end of the month, so no one will know right away anyway (unless Synch does "rewards per transaction" reporting, which I don't know if they do or not).

I have not seen it, but personally, have not paid that much attention.

Signature needs updating
Message 7 of 12
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@wacdenney wrote:

Approved for Amazon Store card on 13th, have not received the physical card yet. You folks be jamming up the works here.  Smiley Frustrated Smiley Surprised Smiley Indifferent

Signature needs updating
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
So basically as long as your Amazon purchase is actually from Amazon and not some vendor you get 3%?

Basically yes. If it's just "fulfilled by Amazon" it may not count, and digital things don't count either.

Message 9 of 12
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Basically yes. If it's just "fulfilled by Amazon" it may not count, and digital things don't count either.

All of my fulfilled by Amazon do code as bookstore (Sallie Mae experience).  Digital does not.  Need to refill gift card balance for those.  Smiley Wink

Signature needs updating
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.