Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New NFCU Customer *UPDATED*!!!!

tag
MetalguitarJames
Valued Member

New NFCU Customer *UPDATED*!!!!

I decided to sign up for a savings and checking account through NFCU today because my dad is retired AF. I'm an AF vet as well but I didn't retire. I just got out after my enlistment ended. Nevertheless I'm pretty stoked because I've heard nothing but great things about these guys.

I already had an offer to refi my auto loan but I'm waiting until my score goes back up due to high utilization on my Credit cards. (50%). They should be reporting around 9% by the end of the month judging by when I get my credit alerts from Score Watch. I want to apply for a credit card with NFCU but I think it'll be wiser to wait considering I have a total of 11 inquiries right now Smiley Sad

The majority of the inquiries was for an auto loan when I was shopping for the best rate. My scores are hovering around the 660's right now. One baddie on my EQ report (Lates on student loans that I'm in the process of getting removed due to the Direct Loans Rehab Program). 

My question is, would it be better to wait to apply for a credit card with them once the inquiries fall off? It'll be around March 2014 for them to fall off. 2 years from date of inquiry Smiley Sad

*UPDATED* 

They approved me for a $7,500 limit cash rewards card!!!!!! Life is great!!!!!!!

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Re: New NFCU Customer

Nah; don't wait. Nfcu doesn't care about your inquiries.

They approved me for a 22k cashrewards card; I had 18 inqs on tu; they pulled tu for my auto refinance and for the credit card.
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 2 of 14
MetalguitarJames
Valued Member

Well I pulled the trigger and app'd. I applied over the phone as I read that it's better to go that way. It's going to the lending committe for further review and he told me to call back tomorrow in the afternoon. The rep stated that nothing popped out at him that would indicate a denial but we'll see. I'm trying to transfer all of my balances over to the cash rewards card. I'll find out tomorrow!

Message 3 of 14
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Good luck!!!

I'm going to be crossing my fingers for you to get an outstanding initial starting limit, as NFCU is well known for those
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 4 of 14
MetalguitarJames
Valued Member

Approved for a $7,500 limit yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!

Message 6 of 14
2NE1
Established Contributor

Re: New NFCU Customer *UPDATED*!!!!

Congrats! Smiley Happy Welcome to the club! Smiley Very Happy
Message 7 of 14
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

nice limit congrats

NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Message 8 of 14
MetalguitarJames
Valued Member

Just a note:

EQ FICO was 661

I have:

Cap1 Platinum - $100/$500CL

Cap1 Cash Rewards - $76/$500CL

Orchard Bank (HSBC now Cap1) - $139/$500CL

Walmart - $289/$1000CL

Had 11 inquiries and a current auto loan for $22.7k

Also had them do a BT for all of my cards. I'll most likely end up closing the Orchard Bank card and one of the Crap 1 cards as my fiance is adding me as an AU on her Golden 1 CU CC that has an excellent history of 5 years so I'm hoping it'll offsett the AAOA hit Smiley Happy

I'm still in shock that I got such a decent credit limit. My APR isn't prime but it's better than my Crap1 cards for sure! 14.65%

It'll certainly help with my Utilization and DTI. I feel like I'm on cloud 9 right now. This is the highest limit I've ever recieved on a credit card. I'll cherish being a memeber for a long time to come!

Message 9 of 14
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

whats your aaoa?

NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.