cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Offer: 35K Bonus for SPG Personal and Business Cards!

tag
red259
Super Contributor

Re: New Offer: 35K Bonus for SPG Personal and Business Cards!

@Anonymous wrote:

I couldn't even wait a day, applied and approved.

With this type of offer if someone has any interest in picking up this card it makes sense to come out of the garden and pull the trigger.

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 11 of 21
elim
Senior Contributor

Hey, That's a great offer for this card. Like 70k on any other. I'm broke so I have to chill.  Maybe when my med bills start showing up i'll run them through for that bonus  :]

Message 12 of 21
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

It is a great offer and equal to the friends referals on existing SPG accounts at the moment Smiley Happy

Message 13 of 21
barbaralee
Established Contributor

I am going to apply for this under DH's name, and make that his main card (retire his SM). I think I will wait until closer to the end of March, though, as I am trying to meet spend on BCP. 

Message 14 of 21
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Sooooo tempting..  

Message 15 of 21
resilient
Established Contributor

Congrats! I got the measly little 10,000 points two years ago :-(

Amex Platinum Amex PRG Amex Hilton Surpass ($7k) Citi AAdvantage WEMC ($20k) Citi Hilton Honors VS ($6.8k) Dillard's Amex ($7.5k) Discover it ($6.5k) FNBO Chrysler MC ($30k) Military Star Card ($4.8k) Nordstrom VS ($25k) PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS ($20.5k) Ritz-Carlton VI ($54.5k) Starwood Preferred Guest Amex ($10k) Susan G. Komen WMC ($38k) Kinetic CU Visa ($10k) US Bank Cash + VS ($16k) Sears MC ($6k) USAA Limitless VS ($15k) Walmart MC ($7.5k) AAdvantage Aviator Silver WEMC ($11.3k)
Message 16 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tempting but will have to hold out until the end of the month. Still rebuilding my score. Now I'm down to 6% of util between all my cards. Scores haven't reflect utilization yet until the 18th, so expecting that to jump again. Experian is spotless, TU is almost clear, just waiting for a deletion sometimes this month, EQ won't be updating until June. Any thoughts? Would like to apply for this and Chase Sapphire if possible.

Message 17 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Tempting but will have to hold out until the end of the month. Still rebuilding my score. Now I'm down to 6% of util between all my cards. Scores haven't reflect utilization yet until the 18th, so expecting that to jump again. Experian is spotless, TU is almost clear, just waiting for a deletion sometimes this month, EQ won't be updating until June. Any thoughts? Would like to apply for this and Chase Sapphire if possible.

How many inquiries???  I think your scores are good enough.  Unless you have like 10 new cards, just app for it.  Definitely do the CSP first because of thet 5/24 rule.  See if you have any targeted offers for an Amex charge card so you can combine the inquiry.

Message 18 of 21
jgodfrey82
Regular Contributor

Perfect timing, we spend at least a week at the sand key Sheraton every summer so I apped the business flavor.. had to call in with exp pin since it was frozen.. ended up with HP on exp and tu.. approved for 25k SL..
Message 19 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

OK, this really isn't fair. This is a last call opportunity to manipulate the benefits from the offer on this card as it will soon be no longer, and with such bad timing. I recently was approved for a co branded Chase IHG Rewards card making it my 2nd co branded card along with Amex Delta Skymiles Gold in just a little over 4 months. Should anyone with a brain and is a devoted points addict apply for this YES! LIKE AS IN YESTERDAY! I'm in a bind as I should only apply for new cards very sparingly and they really don't make it any easier putting out this offer with a very short duration. I have no other choice but to apply and implement my strategy of waiting til the very last 5 minutes the offer is valid. The humiliation of not being approved instantly would be unbearable at which point (and I have done this twice when offered a pathetic CLI) ask to speak directly with an underwriter and demand they make an exception for cards with one time offers as it is very clear I'm only interested in the incentive....duh, as is everyone else who applies for this brand which is a dying breed.

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.