Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Program for those with BK: Chase Freedom approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

New Program for those with BK: Chase Freedom approval

Good afternoon all,

I recently heard from my friend's finance who is a Chase personal banker that within the past few weeks Chase launched a new program that helps those with BK get approved for their Chase Freedom card. I received an email from the Chase employee saying to come in and they have  a new credit rebuilder program that will approve me for a Chase Freedom card with the override approval code provided from Chase corp. I know she wouldnt lie or exaggerate this (standing up in the wedding) to me but Ive never heard of such a thing. I tried doing some research on Google but cant find anything on this new program. Can anyone shed some light? Seems to good to be true as I have done backflips so far to get a descent unsecured card so far.

Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26
jk26978
Regular Contributor

Re: New Program for those with BK: Chase Freedom approval

This would be one that I am also very curious about  -  cant wait to see if anyone else has any news of it

Starting Score: 650 Current Score: EQ:674 (SW Alert 12-28-15) - TU: 698 (5/27/13 SW)Chapter 7 filed 8/2009 - Discharged 12/2009 Goal Score: 750
Joined the garden again 12/5/13
In the garden again till at least 6/1/16

http:
Message 2 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

I may have more info tonight as I probably will be changing over to Chase all together with Chk and savings. Will post findings if I make it her to branch.

Message 3 of 27
SwiftTone
Valued Contributor

I'd give it a try.

AMEX: $25,000, CSR: $10,000, Chase Priority Club: $1,500, Freedom: $5000, Freedom Unlimited: $1000, Discover: $21,000, BoA $11,000, WF Cash Wise: $5000

EQ FICO - 753
TU FICO - 755
EX FICO(AMEX) - 766
Message 4 of 27
somotao
Frequent Contributor

This is one thread that I intend to keep an eye on. If Chase is indeed going to offer such program it would be great for a lot of us finding out way back from BK

Starting Score: 500s
Current Score: EQ: 708myFICO(7/15/17), TU: 721myFICO(7/15/17), EX: 701myFICO(7/15/17)
Goal Score: 750

Wallet: Discover IT $50300, Capital One Platinum $17000, Barclays Rewards $6700, Walmart $6000, Amazon Store Card $6000 Chase Sapphire Preferred $5000, Chase Sapphire Reserve $10000, Bank of America Cash Rewards $500. BestBuy $10000
Message 5 of 27
aloush11
Regular Contributor

I would love to get more info on this. I will definitely be calling my personal banker tomorrow morning !
Message 6 of 27
annielorie
Valued Contributor

Maybe Chase started a new program to pay for the 2 billion they just lost last week!!Smiley LOL The taxpayers wont be bailing them out the people with blemished credit willSmiley Sad

Starting Score: 0
Current Score: TR??FICOEQ ?? FICO
Goal Score: 760

Lowes7,000 Discover More 2800. Jcpenny 6,000
Chase freedom 800 Never take NO for an answer!!
Message 7 of 27
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Good afternoon all,

I recently heard from my friend's finance who is a Chase personal banker that within the past few weeks Chase launched a new program that helps those with BK get approved for their Chase Freedom card. I received an email from the Chase employee saying to come in and they have  a new credit rebuilder program that will approve me for a Chase Freedom card with the override approval code provided from Chase corp. I know she wouldnt lie or exaggerate this (standing up in the wedding) to me but Ive never heard of such a thing. I tried doing some research on Google but cant find anything on this new program. Can anyone shed some light? Seems to good to be true as I have done backflips so far to get a descent unsecured card so far.

Got no real details, but 3-6 months ago there was a rumor (from some decent paygrade internal source) that Chase was looking into subprime market... which doesn't surprise me as there's tons of money to be made there; however, we didn't see anything so far in new products or anything else.  This is possibly one of the outgrowths of that, and is a pretty smart plan in my opinion.

All the lenders seem to be going sort of for this:

- BOFA sticking rewards on their secured card if you ask for them

- Chase possibly opening up a more subprime / BK friendly underwriting standards for their bread-and-butter card.

- Cap1 offering to stick a 2% CB offer on a former subprime Orchard customer's card

And this is all within the last 2-3 weeks from reports on the forums, there are probably others too.  I sort of figured that this was going to occur with how people's personal finances tanked over the past few years which would decimate the pretty FICO people pool that the prime lenders kept squabbling over.

I'll definitely be watching this thread with interest, and would greatly appreciate knowing any information you find out... I don't have a BK, but I have an ugly tax lien from seven years ago that I figured ruled me out from a Freedom anytime in the near future.

        
Message 8 of 27
junior88
Frequent Contributor

Anyone have any additional info on this yet?

11/13/23 TU 808 EX 800 EQ 806 ---- Discover $35,000/AmEx Delta Plat $30,000/Chase United $26,200/BOA $25,000/Macys AmEx $25,000/Sams Club MC $20,000GM Card $18,000/Chase IHG $16,000/Barclay Rewards $12,100/Dicks MasterCard $10,000/Lowes$15,000/BOA Cash Rewards $13,800/Citi Double Cash $9400/Citi Simplicity $8200/Target MC $8000/Wells Fargo Visa $7000/State Farm $4000
Message 9 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

is this offered in their branches only?

Message 10 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.