Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Quicksilver Design??

tag
CreditJim
Established Contributor

New Quicksilver Design??

I just received a new Quicksilver card from Capital One after converting my Venture to save an AF. It's my second Quicksilver, and it now seems to be a metalic/shiny silver rather than the old one which was grey. The MasterCard logo is also grey too, which I think is a big improvement on the color one before. Not sure if it's just because this card was a World MasterCard?

mod cut- Sorry, no personal images of cc's. 

Quicksilver 51k | Discover It $45k | Bonvoy Business $38k | Lowe's $35k | Costco $33.5k | SWACU $30k | Ink Preferred $28k | USAA Rewards $25k | Ink Cash $22.5k | Ink Preferred $22k | Amex Blue Business Plus $17k | Freedom Flex $16k | Freedom $14k | CSR $10k | Amazon Store $10k | Amazon Business $3k | REI $3k
Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
vega25

Re: New Quicksilver Design??

Fascinating.

Message 2 of 20
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

The silver MC logo isn't the one you normally see with WEMC.

The new design does look much better than the original one.

Message 3 of 20
creditconcept
Regular Contributor

Very interesting. I would like a new design, the gray one is getting kind of old. Can you tell me more. Is it metallic like the chase freedom is? Does it still have the lines across it, and is the capital one and quicksilver words still made out of foil? I will order a replacement if the design is marginally better

Message 4 of 20
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

Is there a sample picture of that card?

Message 5 of 20
CreditJim
Established Contributor

I originally posted a picture but didn't realize that was against forum rules - even with all personal details removed. I've only seen a Chase Freedom once that I can remember, it is shiny metallic like that, highly reflective. It's still a very thin card, but it doesn't look too bad now, definitely better than before. Yes, it still has the lines and the foil logos I believe (haven't got it in front of me).
Quicksilver 51k | Discover It $45k | Bonvoy Business $38k | Lowe's $35k | Costco $33.5k | SWACU $30k | Ink Preferred $28k | USAA Rewards $25k | Ink Cash $22.5k | Ink Preferred $22k | Amex Blue Business Plus $17k | Freedom Flex $16k | Freedom $14k | CSR $10k | Amazon Store $10k | Amazon Business $3k | REI $3k
Message 6 of 20
L-TWT
Established Contributor

CreditJim,

is the back of the card all BLACK like the previous QS?

Message 7 of 20
CreditJim
Established Contributor

Yes, back of the card remains the same. To correct my earlier post, the Quicksilver logo and the Capital One logos are no longer in the silver foil, but plain white, I guess because the rest of the card is foil.

Message 8 of 20
creditconcept
Regular Contributor

Another question, Is this the Quicksilver or the QuicksilverOne card?

Message 9 of 20
iDShaDoW
Regular Contributor

Just got my replacement and have the same new design (lost my old one).

At first it seemed tacky but it does kind of grow on you.

I'm kind of considering submitting for a custom image; does anyone happen to know how high the quality of the card image will be when they print it for you?  Like if I give them a very high quality/resolution image will it come out sharp when they print it?

Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.