Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Quicksilver advice?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: New Quicksilver advice?

I got my first cli after 2 months.  I used my card a lot and paid several times a month.  went from 300-800

Message 11 of 21
damnedanddetermined
Established Contributor

I also got my first cli after only 2 months....my plat went from 300 to 800 and my QS went from 500 to 1500.00  not to shabby Smiley Wink

Message 12 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

very nice!

Message 13 of 21
p-
Valued Contributor

As the others said; demonstrate that you are going to use and pay off the card.  Hit the luv button every six months, and it will grow like clockwork without hard pulls.

My World Card started as a Platinum Rebuilder at 3k, is now 16,500.  My Quicksilver used to be a 300 dollar Orchard Bank card.  They will grow your limits twice a year without a problem if you are using and paying off the card.  All you have to do is ask.

Message 14 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Was that an automatic increase or did you hit the luv button?

Message 15 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I used the luv button
Message 16 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Maybe CapOne has just been odd for me, but I received my largest CLI by far on my Venture that had never been swiped once. My smallest CapOne CLI came with my QS, which is by far my heaviest use card due being told here that more spend = larger CLIs. I also have a V1 that I rarely use, and it even received a larger CLI than my QS.

If you are wondering why I would have a Venture I never use and and a V1 I hardly use, it's because I got them for consolidating lines. I want a big limit on my QS and consolidation seems to be the quickest route. Hopefully it is brought back soon.
Message 17 of 21
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

My QS1 MC started at 3k and then went to 3.5k then became a QS MC then jumped $9k to 12.5k then became Venture World MC all within 18 months.

Now, if you start at Plat, it may be easier to apply for new QS than to grow out of plat.  If approved, you can ignore or close plat.

Otherwise, QS1 and above seem to grow well if used and paid well.

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 18 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

i thought cap 1 brought back consolidating accounts for a higher credit limit

Message 19 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

log into your account. go to services. then under digital servicing select request account combination. both cards have to be 6 months old though.(i think)

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.