Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New RedCard CLI process?

tag
nj23
Regular Contributor

New RedCard CLI process?

Hello

Since I've gotten a car, I've been going to Target a lot and using my Red Card a lot.  I called to ask for a CLI and the CSR said that we can't request CLIs, but she can submit my accout to be reviewed for a CLI in their "monthly review".  I thought this was done automatically anyway - I guess she could have just been keeping it friendly.  I PIF when it was maxed prior to the statement being cut so I'm hoping they seriously consider it especially since I essentially complained that $200 was nothing.  

We'll see what happens! 

FICO TU: 768 (Post-Spree 7/14 Discover FICO) FICO EX: 734 (post-spree 7/6) FICO EQ: 730 (7/15 Lender pull after INQs)
6% utility July 29th. Back into the Garden after a successful spree...for real this time Smiley Very Happy
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: New RedCard CLI process?

@nj23 wrote:

Hello

Since I've gotten a car, I've been going to Target a lot and using my Red Card a lot.  I called to ask for a CLI and the CSR said that we can't request CLIs, but she can submit my accout to be reviewed for a CLI in their "monthly review".  I thought this was done automatically anyway - I guess she could have just been keeping it friendly.  I PIF when it was maxed prior to the statement being cut so I'm hoping they seriously consider it especially since I essentially complained that $200 was nothing.  

We'll see what happens! 

yup, trying to satisfy you enough to get off the phone!!

Message 2 of 13
nj23
Regular Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@nj23 wrote:

Hello

We'll see what happens! 

yup, trying to satisfy you enough to get off the phone!!

Yeah.  They have to know $200 is nothing, even for a store card.  Maybe if I just call every month they'll get annoyed.  Here's hoping that their UW changes but TD did take over 1yr+ ago, so I'm not holding my breath...

FICO TU: 768 (Post-Spree 7/14 Discover FICO) FICO EX: 734 (post-spree 7/6) FICO EQ: 730 (7/15 Lender pull after INQs)
6% utility July 29th. Back into the Garden after a successful spree...for real this time Smiley Very Happy
Message 3 of 13
MissMoni223
Senior Contributor

Best wishes on getting that CLI!  From what I've read on this forum, Target isn't very fond of CLI's.  I have a RedCard myself, $300 CL and we shall see how that goes. . .

Gardening Until Further Notice
15 Credit Cards (12 Major Banks & 3 Store Cards)
Message 4 of 13
scarzy
Regular Contributor

Even though I have the card, I gave up on them a long time ago for cli!!
starting EQ FICO : 526 current EQ FICO : 640 starting TU FICO: 538 current TU FICO : 656

My wallet: Capital One cash rewards $1,300- ~ NFCU signature cash rewards $5,000- ~ NFCU nRewards $5,000- ~ NFCU LOC $1,000- ~ Target $200- ~ Kohl's $300- ~ Walmart $800- ~ Amazon $900- ~ Updated 6/2013

Discharged Ch7 Nov.16, 2012

Message 5 of 13
jd352
Regular Contributor

@nj23 wrote:

Hello

We'll see what happens! 

Everytime an associate asks if I want to apply (which is everytime I go), I tell them sorry but I'm not willing to take a hit on my credit report for a junky limit. Sure, it saves you 5%, but I get a 5% coupon anyway every other month for filling our Rx's there anyway. 

It is just hard to understand how a store that is building itself as a one stop shop for everything expects to hand out junky limits on their credit cards. I guess the work around could be, if you don't care about having a low limit card, stick it to them by charging $0.01 to the Target credit card for the 5% discount, then put the rest on a card that will get you better rewards. Hmmm.... not a bad idea!

NPSL............... $20,700........... $15,200.......... $5,000............ $15,000............ $20,000
Current Scores: Equifax: 761 (Fico) TransUnion: 751 (Fico) Experian: 768 (Fico)
Message 6 of 13
SOGGIE
Valued Contributor

@jd352 wrote:

@nj23 wrote:

Hello

We'll see what happens! 

Everytime an associate asks if I want to apply (which is everytime I go), I tell them sorry but I'm not willing to take a hit on my credit report for a junky limit. Sure, it saves you 5%, but I get a 5% coupon anyway every other month for filling our Rx's there anyway. 

It is just hard to understand how a store that is building itself as a one stop shop for everything expects to hand out junky limits on their credit cards. I guess the work around could be, if you don't care about having a low limit card, stick it to them by charging $0.01 to the Target credit card for the 5% discount, then put the rest on a card that will get you better rewards. Hmmm.... not a bad idea!

LOL  jd352

Life was a lot simpler when what we honored was father and mother, rather than all major credit cards. ~Robert Orben
Message 7 of 13
Craaaig
Valued Member

I guess I should thank my lucky stars that they gave me a $500 limit. And for what Target offers that's pretty sufficient for me. Good luck on the CLI though!!

Discover IT $5k | Target RED $1.5k | Capital One QuicksilverOne $1k | EXPRESS Next A-List $990 | Barclay Rewards $850 | Capital One Platinum $500
Message 8 of 13
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

My Redcard has been at $200 CL since 1998.  

A few months ago they sent me a promotional email to finance a television that was like $800, so I complained.  Their response to me was to fill up 5 prescriptions at their pharmacy and I would get a 5% off coupon.  I've never gone to Target pharmacy so that guidance was completely out of left field for me.

Message 9 of 13
SOGGIE
Valued Contributor

I saw a few increases before TD took over. Smiley Frustrated Now? Nothing since! SMH

Life was a lot simpler when what we honored was father and mother, rather than all major credit cards. ~Robert Orben
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.