Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Round of Walmart MC Upgrades

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: New Round of Walmart MC Upgrades

I received the invite last week, but I'm worried that it will be an inquiry for the upgrade to Mastercard. Is there a hard pull for the upgrade. Just worried because I have 7 inquires falling off mid year and don't want another inquiry. I've had the card since August 2014.  

Message 11 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was looking at my CR and seen a AR i think it was but it said Walmart MC...is it likely i may be recieving it?

Message 12 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Any benefit to upgrading from the store card?

Also, if I have a freeze on all 3 CRs, am I ineligible to receive the upgraded? (ie do they require a soft/hard pull to offer you the upgrade?)

Thanks in advance!

About the same benefit as the Target upgrade/any co-branded store cards (you can use it anywhere, but with limited bonus, and a ridiculous APR, so the question is, should you?)

Probably a soft pull.  I reckon it's tied to their FICO score update.  Does freezing preclude soft pulls?

Message 13 of 19
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Any benefit to upgrading from the store card?

Also, if I have a freeze on all 3 CRs, am I ineligible to receive the upgraded? (ie do they require a soft/hard pull to offer you the upgrade?)

Thanks in advance!

About the same benefit as the Target upgrade/any co-branded store cards (you can use it anywhere, but with limited bonus, and a ridiculous APR, so the question is, should you?)

Probably a soft pull.  I reckon it's tied to their FICO score update.  Does freezing preclude soft pulls?

+1

I would expect it to be only a SP, but many (many...) others have said that a Synchrony upgrade to Visa/MasterCard results in a brand-new account and the old one being closed, which does impact AAoA.   Even with a new account reporting the upgrade will still be desirable to many people. 

Congrats to all the folks getting upgrade offers!  Smiley Happy

Message 14 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got the letter as well...will my MC CL be the same as what I currently have on my WM store card?

Message 15 of 19
George528
Contributor

I got the letter as well and I declined since I am under the impression it would  be considered a new account.  I dont want that.  

Message 16 of 19
TXinandout
Frequent Contributor

So you all know, if you upgrade, then you will have a new account and the one from the store card will be closed on your credit reports.
BK Discharged 06/02/2016 SCORES AROUND 475

Current scores:
EXP-667
EQ-654
TU-653
Message 17 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got mine in the mail too; same as OP. Got the letter in January saying I'll be upgraded in April. I'm going to take the upgrade because we're in the middle of an app spree right now anyway.

Message 18 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Received the letter as well. No hard pull required but it will be a new account. I've had my card since 9/15. I don't think I'll upgrade though....not worth it to me especially not at 23.15% interest rate. 

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.