New Visitor
ewujun

New SSN, Old Credit History - Help

Hi, I am an international student so when I came to the US two years ago, I did not have a SSN.  However, I got a secured credit card from a commercial bank.  One year later, the bank freed the deposit and increased my credit limit.  Now, I just received my ssn and provided the ssn to the commercial bank.  I will continue to have business relationship with the bank.  My understanding is that over the last two years, I only have a credit history with the bank and the information was not shared.  Question: since now I have offered my ssn, will my credit history over the last two years part of my credit score today or I have to start everything from zero?  Thanks a lot and would appreciate any insights.

Eric
Established Contributor
Takunda1

Re: New SSN, Old Credit History - Help

I am sure all your history will be posted on your credit report. Call your bank and find out. Then let us know what they say.
Established Contributor
FICO_Focused

Re: New SSN, Old Credit History - Help

ewujun wrote:
Hi, I am an international student so when I came to the US two years ago, I did not have a SSN.  However, I got a secured credit card from a commercial bank.  One year later, the bank freed the deposit and increased my credit limit.  Now, I just received my ssn and provided the ssn to the commercial bank.  I will continue to have business relationship with the bank.  My understanding is that over the last two years, I only have a credit history with the bank and the information was not shared.  Question: since now I have offered my ssn, will my credit history over the last two years part of my credit score today or I have to start everything from zero?  Thanks a lot and would appreciate any insights.

Eric

Your Hx will be reported to the CRAs... If you are concerned it will not, give the bank a call and ask. :smileyhappy:

Keep plugging away!

Rob

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}