HankNY
Valued Member

Re: New Serve Card Promo!!

I got it in my email too.

Message 11 of 18
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

I really wonder what their deal is with continuing to push this card. I really see no reason to use this since the best way to load funds is through a bank account or credit card ,and if you already have those you have have no reason to get this card. It cannot do direct deposit like other prepaid cards for people with bad ChexSystems reports. Sure you can link it to your bank account or credit card and use it that way, but again, what would be the reason for doing this?

Message 12 of 18
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

@navigatethis12 wrote:

I really wonder what their deal is with continuing to push this card. I really see no reason to use this since the best way to load funds is through a bank account or credit card ,and if you already have those you have have no reason to get this card. It cannot do direct deposit like other prepaid cards for people with bad ChexSystems reports. Sure you can link it to your bank account or credit card and use it that way, but again, what would be the reason for doing this?

Serve is designed to compete against PayPal and Amazon Payment, where you can transfer money via the means of P2P (peer to peer). I can just give you my email address or my phone number and you can send me the money, vice versa.

What AMEX should be doing is merge Prepaid into Serve. It makes no sense to maintain 2 prepaid product from them.

Message 13 of 18
jsucool76
Super Contributor

All I know is this product keeps giving me free money and only requiring me to do the most simple tasks, so I'm fine with it.
Message 14 of 18
babablue
New Contributor

Slightly off topic, anyone know what the daily ATM withdrawal limit is?

Starting Score: MyCreditKeeper - EX:613 EQ:597 TU:640; PSECU EX:629; Walmart TU:631
Current Score: MyFico - EX:666 EQ:675 TU:658 (9/19/13) ; PSECU EX:711 (12/11/13); Walmart TU:696 (12/2/13)
Goal Score: 700+ across

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 15 of 18
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@babablue wrote:

Slightly off topic, anyone know what the daily ATM withdrawal limit is?

• Are there limits on the amount of money I can withdraw from my Serve account?
  • Yes. You may withdraw up to $500 via ATM. ATM owners may have their own limits. Please refer to your updated Serve Consumer User Agreement for a complete list of account limits.

Message 16 of 18
scarrollprint
Frequent Contributor

I got the email last week.

I had origionally signed up for the load 25 get 25 promo.

I had already used up most of the $50 from when I signed up and so I had to load money since I never really saw myself using the card again. When I went to go do so, I realized they have a way that you can have it use your debit card for any transaction that exceeds your balance. So now you don't have to worry about tying up any real amounts of money on that card. I left it with the balance of $5 and just set a limit of $50 exceeding the transaction. I'll make sure that I'll load/leave a couple bucks on the card so that any time they have a promo like this I don't have to wait for my deposit to post and basically just get free money out of it.

Current: Eq- 624 Ex - 631 (lender pulled) TU - 661 (lender pulled)
Goal 700+ across all three
Message 17 of 18
WhiteCollar
Established Contributor

+1 @jsucool76

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.