Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Sport Chalet Mastercard

tag
Ron1
Super Contributor

Re: New Sport Chalet Mastercard

Congrats!!! I got my Saks WEMC last week.
By the way, was it hard to get approved? Did they call you back to verify ID? How many INQ did you have when you applied? What are my chances?

Ron.

Message 21 of 30
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

@Ron1 wrote:
By the way, was it hard to get approved? Did they call you back to verify ID? How many INQ did you have when you applied? What are my chances?

Ron.

The Saks WEMC is a nice looking card!  I haven't even used mine yet Smiley Happy

NM was weird, I think because I app'd a day after Saks Store and WEMC apps.  It stayed in pending status for 3 days, so I call.  The agent said they would advise me by the end of the third day and didn't need anything from me.  About 1 hour later, somebody called at my home phone (# listed on application) and asked if I applied for NM card?  When I stated yes, he simply congratulated me and my starting CL of $3500.  A few days later I requested CLI to $6000 and it was granted.

Here is a break down of the pulls:

3/4/14:  pulled TU

3/5/14:  pulled TU again

3/5/14:  pulled EQ

3/7/14:  approval

3/17/14:  card arrived

They said it's typical for that many pulls, but I'm not so sure.

Message 22 of 30
Ron1
Super Contributor

@B335is wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

Ron.

The Saks WEMC is a nice looking card!  I haven't even used mine yet Smiley Happy

NM was weird, I think because I app'd a day after Saks Store and WEMC apps.  It stayed in pending status for 3 days, so I call.  The agent said they would advise me by the end of the third day and didn't need anything from me.  About 1 hour later, somebody called at my home phone (# listed on application) and asked if I applied for NM card?  When I stated yes, he simply congratulated me and my starting CL of $3500.  A few days later I requested CLI to $6000 and it was granted.

Here is a break down of the pulls:

3/4/14:  pulled TU

3/5/14:  pulled TU again

3/5/14:  pulled EQ

3/7/14:  approval

3/17/14:  card arrived

They said it's typical for that many pulls, but I'm not so sure.

Thanks for your detail info. I used my Saks Elite WMC at Trader's Joe for groceries. Smiley Happy Wow!!! It cost you 3 pulls. It must be hard to get.  I haven't used my Saks store card yet.  I used my Kirklands twice already before the card arrived. Smiley Happy  I mught better to apply inside the store on the weekend. It looks like it is a pain to get approved. Sorry to hear about your Nordstrom card denial. I thought it would be easy one. I have had the card for 10 years. I was approved for $4K Platinum when I got one. They upgraded my account into Visa Signature. They have great customer service.

Ron.

Message 23 of 30
Ron1
Super Contributor

How many INQS did you have when you applied?

Ron.

Message 24 of 30
newUser0
Established Contributor

Ron,

Do you mind sharing with me how many open cards you have currently? I have got reply from many on this forum, that you have the highest number of cards on this forum?

You can PM, me if you wish too!

Message 25 of 30
Ron1
Super Contributor

@newUser0 wrote:

Ron,

Do you mind sharing with me how many open cards you have currently? I have got reply from many on this forum, that you have the highest number of cards on this forum?

You can PM, me if you wish too!

I already PM you. 

Ron.

Message 26 of 30
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

@Ron1 wrote:

Ron.

My EQ had 3 (now 4) and my TU had 4 (now 6) inq.  Maybe store app is easier for verification. I found it odd they would pull TU twice.  Maybe I should have spaced the apps apart more since Saks and NM are both Cap1?

I was tempted to try for this new Sport Chalet card but I dont want to take another EX pull for it. REI looks good but I dont want to pay membership fee just to apply.

Message 27 of 30
Ron1
Super Contributor

@B335is wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

Ron.

My EQ had 3 (now 4) and my TU had 4 (now 6) inq.  Maybe store app is easier for verification. I found it odd they would pull TU twice.  Maybe I should have spaced the apps apart more since Saks and NM are both Cap1?

I was tempted to try for this new Sport Chalet card but I dont want to take another EX pull for it. REI looks good but I dont want to pay membership fee just to apply.

Thanks for the info. I had 7 on EQ and 3 on my TU. I am afraid I might denied. It is weird. They pulled twice on TU. I have seen strange happened. DSNB pulled three times on TU , twice on Experian and once on EQ. two years ago. I was mad. It wasn't anything I can do.  I am still waiting for Pier1. 

FNBO is very conservative like Penfed.  I don't know you would get approved without pre-approval. People usually got approval thru pre-approval.  I like REI. I think the card is issued by US Bank.

Ron.

Message 28 of 30
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

@Ron1 wrote:

@B335is wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

Ron.

Thanks for the info. I had 7 on EQ and 3 on my TU. I am afraid I might denied. It is weird. They pulled twice on TU. I have seen strange happened. DSNB pulled three times on TU , twice on Experian and once on EQ. two years ago. I was mad. It wasn't anything I can do.  I am still waiting for Pier1. 

FNBO is very conservative like Penfed.  I don't know you would get approved without pre-approval. People usually got approval thru pre-approval.  I like REI. I think the card is issued by US Bank.

Ron.

What card did you get from DSNB?  The only card I found was Valero gas card.  How many days since you app'd for Pier1?  I think you have a chance at NM, 7inq isn't that high, but maybe if you wait a couple months you will have a better chance. 

I agree FNBO probably would not approve me, I won't apply for Sport Chalet...I don't want to risk another EX pull for that and everything they have I can get through Amazon Smiley Happy  US Bank denied previous applications for Club Carlson and Flexperks, so I don't think they would approve REI.  I sent an email to Nordstrom, maybe they will reconsider but I'm not counting on it Smiley Sad

Message 29 of 30
Ron1
Super Contributor

@B335is wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

@B335is wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

Ron.

Ron.

What card did you get from DSNB?  The only card I found was Valero gas card.  How many days since you app'd for Pier1?  I think you have a chance at NM, 7inq isn't that high, but maybe if you wait a couple months you will have a better chance. 

I agree FNBO probably would not approve me, I won't apply for Sport Chalet...I don't want to risk another EX pull for that and everything they have I can get through Amazon Smiley Happy  US Bank denied previous applications for Club Carlson and Flexperks, so I don't think they would approve REI.  I sent an email to Nordstrom, maybe they will reconsider but I'm not counting on it Smiley Sad

I applied for Bloomingdales online. They needed me to call for ID. I had to answer security question to confirm identity. They hit multiple INQ when they pulled public record question out of my reports.  Valero Gas card is one of the toughest card to get. They only approved mine for $300. ihave had the card for almost 15 years. I never got any increase. I got stuck at $300.

FNBO is very conservative. They are inquiry senstiive and accounts opening sensitive. I don't think you would get approve. I only got one card from them. Their card is not that great except free FICO score. US bank and Elan might be tough or easy. It depends on the person's credit history. You might got denied due too many Visa/MC  accounts recently opened or too many Visa/MC applications. They 're not checked  your credit and they also checked ARS.  I thnk you have a chance to get a Nordstrom card.

I applied Pier1 on Saturday. There is still no words from them. I am not hoping any approval.  I look at the bright side. I got a lot of good cards from them thru shopping cart trick.  Smiley Happy

Ron.

Message 30 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.