cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Target Card EMV Cards will be Here in 2015!!!

tag
nyancat
Established Contributor

Re: New Target Card EMV Cards will be Here in 2015!!!

@trumpet-205 wrote:

Unless US works out how to implement EMV on debit card, we will not see chip and PIN becoming de facto standard.

I definitely believe chip and PIN is the way to go, and Target deserves a praise on this.

EMV Debit has already been finalised.

American Express Blue Cash Everyday - $11,000; American Express Platinum Cashback Everyday - £3,000; American Express Rewards Credit Card - £7,500; Aqua Reward Mastercard - £3,500; Bank of America Travel Rewards - $5,000; Barclaycard Freedom Rewards - £3,500; Citi Forward - $5,800; Discover It - $10,000; Halifax Clarity - £1,500; HSBC Platinum with Rewards - $5,000, MBNA Everyday Plus - £3,500
Message 21 of 23
john398
Senior Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

http://pressroom.target.com/news/target-appoints-new-chief-information-officer-outlines-updates-on-s...

This may be showing that they are bringing back the option for a Visa Card but as MasterCard! I'm holding out with my 3 Target Cards for CLI and MasterCard or Visa!!

Yes they are partnering with MasterCard

Message 22 of 23
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

@nyancat wrote:

EMV Debit has already been finalised.

Standards are finalized, but most ATM owners are very reluctant at replacing ATMs with an EMV capable one.

Plus chip and PIN are more costly to implement, online or offline.

Message 23 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.