Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Target card with generous CL!

tag
honeybunnygal
Regular Contributor

New Target card with generous CL!

Hello all,

I've been considering applying for a Target CC for a while. I do the VAST majority of my shopping there since it is so close, and the 5% discount would really add up. While I was at the store tonight, I pulled the trigger & did the app at the register. I was approved & when I took a look at the CL, I did a double-take: $3000!

Now, I've read these boards enough to know that Target has generally been stingy with the CLs. Perhaps they're being a bit more generous since the holiday season is around the corner? I pulled my scores & included them in my siggy for reference (FYI: I'm in the Midwest & they pulled TU).

Yay!!!!

Edited to add that my TU & EQ scores according to myFICO were both 739 (wanted to include in my post just in case I update my siggy & the info is no longer there).

Hard work & patience can go a long way!
8/2009 (myFICO): TU - 599, EQ - 656
7/23/2010 (LO pull): TU - 738, EQ - 801, EX - 785
4/12/2012 (myFICO): TU -778, EQ - 791
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Guava
Established Contributor

Re: New Target card with generous CL!

Congrats! and nice scores you got there

Starting Score (08/11/11): TU08: 643
Current Score: TU08: 741
Goal Score: Stay in the 700s; keep reports clean

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!

That is a nice CL from Target.

I like Target as well.

Message 3 of 10
score_building
Senior Contributor

Congrats!  Wish there was a Target near me.  

Anyone know who underwrites the card?

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 4 of 10
nuggets321
Frequent Contributor

In regards to the question for who underwrites Target, I want to say that they are their own bank... I believe its "Target National bank" or something similar to that......

TU-721 (MortgagePull) EQ- 697(MortgagePull ) EXP 693(MortgagePull) FWEB 24,2015
My Wallet : Dicover More 35,500 CL -Amex Zync NPSL -WellsFargoRewards4800 - -CapOne 3000CL -GEMBWalMart 5000CL - Zales 4000CL-Kays 2900--Macys 5000CL /SSFCU 5000CL / CitiBank Diamond Pref 15000CL - CHASE Freedom 13500CL -Lowes 10,000 CL - BBuyStoreCard 10,000CL Sears Store Card (Citi) 3000 - Firestone CFNB 1400 Toyota Financial $35,000 Auto -2200DiscountTire(GECRB) Citi TY Preferred 8100CL - Chase Slate$4000-BofA15000-ToyotaRewardsVisa$10,700 -BofA$8500 AMEX BCE 9,500
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats, that is a very generous CL from Target.

739 EQ and TU, very nice, keep up the good work!!!

Message 6 of 10
jasimae
Frequent Contributor

That's a great limit.  Congratulations on the card.  Enjoy!

Message 7 of 10
scientifics
Frequent Contributor

I have similar scores to you and I got the Target card a few months ago and got a similar CL. I think they are just being more generous now that it is just a store card and not a Visa.

Message 8 of 10
guydiver
Established Contributor

Very nice starting CL from Target. Congratulations.  Was wondering what dropped your EQ from 801? 

Message 9 of 10
honeybunnygal
Regular Contributor

@guydiver wrote:

Very nice starting CL from Target. Congratulations.  Was wondering what dropped your EQ from 801? 

I'd have to say it was new inquiries/accounts. When I had the 801 on my EQ report, I was in the process of purchasing a home, so I had 4 cards reporting, three with low CLs.  My CRs were showing perfect utilization (less than half my CCs reporting a balance, with utilization of less than 9%).

After I closed on my home, I applied for better cards. The low CL cards would not grow with me (HSBC w/AF & Capital One). The other card is actually a card I was an AU on, so I wanted to obtain better cards in my name.

My reports are still showing perfect utilization (PIF'ing), but I have new accounts & inquiries (some for CCs, some for changing service providers) as well. No negative info has reported, and my only CR baddie is on my TU report because of a student loan late reporting from 3/2005. I suspect my score will drop a little (rebucket) when that falls off next year. Then again, when my last baddie dropped from my EQ report last year, my score jumped from 687 -> 801, so who knows?

Hard work & patience can go a long way!
8/2009 (myFICO): TU - 599, EQ - 656
7/23/2010 (LO pull): TU - 738, EQ - 801, EX - 785
4/12/2012 (myFICO): TU -778, EQ - 791
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.