efranklin23
Valued Contributor

Re: New Targeted Discover IT Promo

@lg8302ch wrote:

@efranklin23 wrote:

@lg8302ch wrote:

@Themanwhocan wrote:

@wHiTeSoL wrote:

If you can forgo the $150 after $750 or really need a balance transfer keep a keen eye to your mailbox. 15 Months on purchases and balance transfers and for the first time I've seen, 1% intro BT fee.  Like a slate (well, almost) but with much better rewards. 

I'd reapply if they would give me that APR of 10.99%

+1

me too... and might get a better limit as well...LOL

Did you burn Discover in the past or something? Smiley Very Happy

Not really......but a perfectly clean record for 27 years  which is toooo suspicious for  Discover.?? ....I recently ordered my round of reports from ARS, IDA and Innovis. IDA was a big surprise for me as no other entries than Discover....ARS with logs of IP and email and it looks they do not delete entries after 2 years as I have a strange entry from US Bank for a "possible fraudulent app" from 2011...well I never applied with US Bank and to have ARS remove this entry is too much hassle for me and I will simply freeze these 3 reports. So who knows if Discover pulls IDA or ARS for their account reviews as I have no AR (soft pulls) on TU, EQ, or EX ...once frozen they will have to pull any of the 3 big ones..LOL

Hmmm, that is very odd, have you tried an HP for CLI with them yet?

AMEX BCE (30K), DISCOVER IT (29.5K), NFCU CASH REWARDS (25K), BOA TRAVEL REWARDS (15K), USAA VISA (13K), CHASE SAPPHIRE RESERVE (13K), COMMENCE MASTERCARD (7.5K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), TFCU CC (2.5K), TARGET REDCARD (900)
Message 11 of 20
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

@score_building wrote:
@Themanwhocan wrote:I'd reapply if they would give me that APR of 10.99%

No need to re-apply just for APRD, can request one from time to time until obtain the lowest APR available.

IIRC, initially approved at 12.24 but requested APRD last year and the regular purchase APR was lowered to 10.99 (with clean reports, 770s, low UTI, thick file.)

Discover apparently realises that I can handle an APR of 19.99 and therefore hasn't seen fit to reduce it. Similarly, they realise that someone like me shoudln't settle for getting a CLI via the SP route, and so they always insist on doing an HP.

I'm sure its all for my benefit...

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 12 of 20
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Themanwhocan wrote:

@score_building wrote:

No need to re-apply just for APRD, can request one from time to time until obtain the lowest APR available.

IIRC, initially approved at 12.24 but requested APRD last year and the regular purchase APR was lowered to 10.99 (with clean reports, 770s, low UTI, thick file.)

Discover apparently realises that I can handle an APR of 19.99 and therefore hasn't seen fit to reduce it. Similarly, they realise that someone like me shoudln't settle for getting a CLI via the SP route, and so they always insist on doing an HP.

You're lucky, they won't even give me a card.  (Apparently insisting that I apply first.  Where's the fun in that).

Message 13 of 20
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Themanwhocan wrote:

@score_building wrote:

You're lucky, they won't even give me a card.  (Apparently insisting that I apply first.  Where's the fun in that).

Come to think of it, This saturday is the 1st anniversary of my Discover It card. Maybe it is about time for a lower APR. I'm sure they will ignore the 5 credit cards i've obtained after getting their card.

Total $443,800
Message 14 of 20
wHiTeSoL
Valued Contributor

@Themanwhocan wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Themanwhocan wrote:

@score_building wrote:

Come to think of it, This saturday is the 1st anniversary of my Discover It card. Maybe it is about time for a lower APR. I'm sure they will ignore the 5 credit cards i've obtained after getting their card.

Good Luck Smiley Wink

Message 15 of 20
AC0308
Established Member

I used the check my personalized offers and got the 0% for 15 months and 0% on balance transfers for 15 months ( 3% fee) and 10.99 APR after. Didn't say it was on a scale they just said 10.99  This is my first card with them and I received my highest limit yet - 4,500.

Amex Blue Sky - $8,700
Discover IT - $4,500
Amex TrueEarnings - 3,500
Elan Financial - $2,000
CapitalOne - $1,250
Chase Slate - $1,200
Message 16 of 20
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@Themanwhocan wrote:

@score_building wrote:

LOL....I like the way you look at it....may I join you?  Once my  promo APR is over  next month I will see what will happen to a request for APRD....so far the same experience as you with Discover.  HP with explanation account is still too new..well 14 months too new for a CLI of even a small amount....Discover come on!  I will now send a SM and ask for APR reduction and curious what result I will get. Pretty much expect a decline as with CLI. IDA is frozen and now  I hope to finally see a SP on any CRA Smiley Wink

Message 17 of 20
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@AC0308 wrote:

I used the check my personalized offers and got the 0% for 15 months and 0% on balance transfers for 15 months ( 3% fee) and 10.99 APR after. Didn't say it was on a scale they just said 10.99  This is my first card with them and I received my highest limit yet - 4,500.

Great....somehow it looks to me that Discover wants to be highest and if they cannot beat the competitors they make sure to get the customers attention for being lowest...LOL

Message 18 of 20
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

@lg8302ch wrote:

@Themanwhocan wrote:

@score_building wrote:

LOL....I like the way you look at it....may I join you?  Once my  promo APR is over  next month I will see what will happen to a request for APRD....so far the same experience as you with Discover.  HP with explanation account is still too new..well 14 months too new for a CLI of even a small amount....Discover come on!  I will now send a SM and ask for APR reduction and curious what result I will get. Pretty much expect a decline as with CLI. IDA is frozen and now  I hope to finally see a SP on any CRA Smiley Wink

Sure, lets all have a Grand Delusion, shall we? Just remember this: Kinjirareta Mōsō wa Aoi Haitoku no Itami

Or for those like me who cannot read Japanese: Forbidden Delusion Is the Pain of an Immoral Blue

Pain is Strength!

Total $443,800
Message 19 of 20
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@Themanwhocan wrote:

@lg8302ch wrote:

@Themanwhocan wrote:

@score_building wrote:

Sure, lets all have a Grand Delusion, shall we? Just remember this: Kinjirareta Mōsō wa Aoi Haitoku no Itami

Or for those like me who cannot read Japanese: Forbidden Delusion Is the Pain of an Immoral Blue

Pain is Strength!

Ha ha.... got a very nice and friendly answer already from my SM  regarding APRD and as expected Discover cannot lower APR... really ?? What the hell does one need to please Discover  Smiley Surprised ... anyway I am glad it is Discover only and none of the other lender Smiley Happy...

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.