New US Bank CC

tag
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

Re: New US Bank CC

@FinStar wrote:

@CreditScholar wrote:

@BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest wrote:
  • Get 10,000 Bonus Points when you spend $500 during the first 90-days after opening your account2 – that's $100 in rewards!

• 0% Intro APR on purchases and balance transfers for the first 12 billing cycles and after that, a variable APR, currently 11.99% - 23.99%, based on your credit worthiness.

• Earn 1 point for every dollar of net purchases (purchases minus credits and returns).

• Redeem for real Rewards - travel, gift cards, cash back and more!

• Award travel starts at 25,000 points for one airline ticket (up to a $400 value).

• No annual fee.R

As soon as I saw the no annual fee in blue, I stopped reading the rest.

+1

LOL... Me too.   I would guess this product has it's target market/demographic.

+2. I think if they have to advertise the APR as a major selling point (since it's the 2nd item on the list), it's likely that the rewards will suck (and they do).

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 11 of 20
enharu
Super Contributor

This card looks very lackluster. It's like a ghetto version of the freedom and bank americard minus the bonus categories...

I guess they are being overly conservative after the cash+ racked up quite a bit of losses for the bank.
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 12 of 20
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@CreditScholar wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@CreditScholar wrote:

• Get 10,000 Bonus Points when you spend $500 during the first 90-days after opening your account2 – that's $100 in rewards!

• 0% Intro APR on purchases and balance transfers for the first 12 billing cycles and after that, a variable APR, currently 11.99% - 23.99%, based on your credit worthiness.

• Earn 1 point for every dollar of net purchases (purchases minus credits and returns).

• Award travel starts at 25,000 points for one airline ticket (up to a $400 value).

• No annual fee.R

+1

LOL... Me too.   I would guess this product has it's target market/demographic.

+2. I think if they have to advertise the APR as a major selling point (since it's the 2nd item on the list), it's likely that the rewards will suck (and they do).

I think all of you are missing the major selling point of this card:

Redeem for real Rewards

When you think of all the cards you have that you either can't redeem for rewards at all, or have to redeem for imaginary rewards ("dinner for two on a magic carpet in the elves castle, 15,000 points"), this is a refreshing change!

Message 13 of 20
Swapmeet
Valued Contributor

lol ^^^^

My Wallet:
WalMart: ||15k|| USAA Platinum MC: ||26k|| BCE: ||9k|| Chase Freedom Siggy: ||10k|| Discover it: ||6.5k|| SG Visa: ||11k||
USAA World MC: ||23k|| US Bank Cash+ Siggy: ||7.5k|| Citi TYP World MC: ||12k|| Barclays Arrival World MC: ||13k||Citi Double Cash World MC ||25k||Sallie Mae World MC ||18.8k||Fico Scores (3 Fico Monitoring): EQ 751,TU 749, EX 743. Last app: 9-12-14 Sallie
Message 14 of 20
FutureBillionaire
Established Contributor

Yawn.

If they had bonus categories, I would have been all over it.  They called me the other day trying to offer me a card as well.

Gas: Discover It, Penfed Platinum Rewards x2, Chase freedom, Citi TYP
Plane tickets: CSP
Groceries: AMEX BCP, Penfed Platinum Rewards,Citi TYP
Clothes: Express, Amex BCP, Discover IT
Amazon: Citi Forward, Cash +
Restaurants: Citi Forward, Chase Freedom, Discover IT, CSP
Hotels and other travel: Discover Escape, CSP
Movies: BofA travel rewards visa signature(fandango), Discover IT, Citi Forward, Freedom
Bars, clubs, tomfoolery: CSP, Citi Forward, Discover IT, Freedom
Balance transfers: Kroger 123 rewards
Bill Pay: Chase Ink Plus, Citi Forward,
Everyday spending: Bofa Accelerated cash rewards amex, Discover Escape
Message 15 of 20
HiLine
Blogger

@CreditScholar wrote:

• No annual fee.R

Why? I don't get it Robot Frustrated

Message 16 of 20
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@HiLine wrote:

@CreditScholar wrote:

• No annual fee.R

The principle being, the rewards are lackluster for some individuals.  Think of CreditScholar's CC portfolio, lifestyle and spending habits.  This hardly stacks up.  Same for me.  However, that doesn't mean that this product (or rewards) doesn't fit someone's spend patterns or lifestyle.

Message 17 of 20
HiLine
Blogger

@FinStar wrote:

@HiLine wrote:

@CreditScholar wrote:

• No annual fee.R

The principle being, the rewards are lackluster for some individuals.  Think of CreditScholar's CC portfolio, lifestyle and spending habits.  This hardly stacks up.  Same for me.  However, that doesn't mean that this product (or rewards) doesn't fit someone's spend patterns or lifestyle.

Oh OK. An annual fee would suggest a card worth having for him I see. Thanks for clarifying Smiley Wink

Message 18 of 20
MACFRME
Frequent Contributor

For someone who PIFs, the rewards on Cap1's Quicksilver card are better than this one. 1.5% Cash back as opposed to 1 "reward point" per dollar, redeemable at who knows what exchange rate for cash back or whatever else.
Cards I Carry
$7.5K $23K $5k $300(SEC) $500 $300 $1,500 $800 $800
Total Available Credit: $39.7k | FICOS: EX 659 | EQ 661 | TU 673
Message 19 of 20
Open123
Super Contributor

Aside from the low rate, why would anyone opt for this over the Cash+?

I guess, for the signup bonus, but $100 is hardly compelling.

*Edited*  PS - I see, the option to redeem 25,000 points for a $400 airline ticket.

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.