Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New USAA Debit Card?

tag
charleeislegend
Regular Contributor

New USAA Debit Card?

For people with a USAA checking account, have you guys seen the new USAA debit card design? Its so much more sleek with a clean navy blue color. I think its much better than that light blue, bubbly card they had before. Just saw it the other day at work and was wondering if anyone got the new debit card and what you guys think of it?

Credit Karma (TU) : 810 Discover FICO (TU): 805 Credit Sesame (EX): 805 myFICO (EQ) - 791
Amex Simplycash Business - $15000 Citi Costco - $12000 Citi Double Cash - $10000 Discover IT - $12000 Chase Sapphire Reserve - $32000
Message 1 of 45
44 REPLIES 44
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Re: New USAA Debit Card?

I still have the blue bubbly one. I've never used it either. Lol.
Message 2 of 45
ccnewcc
Established Contributor

Post a pic of it?

I haven't seen it haven't, but pretty much anything is better than the current hideous look

Message 3 of 45
rosegardener
Established Member

@ccnewcc wrote:

Post a pic of it?

I haven't seen it haven't, but pretty much anything is better than the current hideous look

+1.  Love me some USAA but that is the fugliest card in my wallet

In the wallet: USAA MC $4k, Citi Expedia MC $2k, Discover More $1k, Zync $500, American Eagle $1.9k, Amazon Store $1.5k, Lowes $1k, Belk $1.4k, Macy's $500, Abercrombie $350, VS $350
Score: 702 (Discover approval 08/03)
Goal: 800 Club
Picking up my intro spade and stepping in the garden. Let's grow some pretty roses!
Message 4 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

I like the current one...but then again, the one I switched from....was nauseating. From a tiny credit union that probably had drunken parrots designing their credit and debit cards..

Message 5 of 45
Iamvee
Established Member

I got the newest one, it's navy with the same features as the bubbly one. 

Fico score: TU: 684 Date 8/8/2012 EQ : 647 Date 8/25/2012
EX: 651 Date 7/21/2012
Wallet: CAP one: 300 // AMEX Zync: 500
Garden since 8/18/12
Goal: 750 across the board

Message 6 of 45
MojaveMoon
Established Contributor

I want to alert people that if you have the ATM card (not the debit card) from USAA that USAA calls the Maestro card and if you're thinking of switching from the ATM card to the debit card, an agent had told me current Maestro cardholders can continue to be reissued Maestro cards when your card expires but that anyone who doesn't have a Maestro card can no longer request a Maestro card. I prefer having an ATM card instead of a debit card since the number printed on the ATM card can not be used for purchases not requiring a signature or for purchases over the internet or the telephone. And when I make a deposit at a participating UPS store, the system for depositing checks accepts the Maestro as a valid form of USAA id.

Message 7 of 45
A_Madel
Contributor

@charleeislegend wrote:

For people with a USAA checking account, have you guys seen the new USAA debit card design? Its so much more sleek with a clean navy blue color. I think its much better than that light blue, bubbly card they had before. Just saw it the other day at work and was wondering if anyone got the new debit card and what you guys think of it?

For which? The Visa or MC? Hmmmm...... Thanks for the heads up - I'll be calling to check out information on that!
Current: EQ 791 / TU 788 / EX 752 FICO's (MyFico, Oct 2012)

*** NFCU Plat | USAA CR Amex | PenFed TR Amex | BOA Gold | JP Morgan Select | Amex BCP | Amex PRG | USAA Plat ***
Message 8 of 45
ccnewcc
Established Contributor

@MojaveMoon wrote:

I want to alert people that if you have the ATM card (not the debit card) from USAA that USAA calls the Maestro card and if you're thinking of switching from the ATM card to the debit card, an agent had told me current Maestro cardholders can continue to be reissued Maestro cards when your card expires but that anyone who doesn't have a Maestro card can no longer request a Maestro card. I prefer having an ATM card instead of a debit card since the number printed on the ATM card can not be used for purchases not requiring a signature or for purchases over the internet or the telephone. And when I make a deposit at a participating UPS store, the system for depositing checks accepts the Maestro as a valid form of USAA id.

ATM card?  Whats that?  2012 anyone?  haha jk Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 45
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

I only use it at the ATM to withdraw cash, but I might request a replacement card since the old design is so fugly.
Message 10 of 45
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.