Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New USAA Debit Card?

tag
charleeislegend
Regular Contributor

Re: New USAA Debit Card?

@Iamvee wrote:

I got the newest one, it's navy with the same features as the bubbly one. 

Im thinking of reporting my card as damaged so i can get this one. Anyone think this is ok or will there be any adverse effects to my account and  i should just wait out two year for my current crappy bubbly card to expire?

Credit Karma (TU) : 810 Discover FICO (TU): 805 Credit Sesame (EX): 805 myFICO (EQ) - 791
Amex Simplycash Business - $15000 Citi Costco - $12000 Citi Double Cash - $10000 Discover IT - $12000 Chase Sapphire Reserve - $32000
Message 11 of 45
charleeislegend
Regular Contributor

@charleeislegend wrote:

@Iamvee wrote:

I got the newest one, it's navy with the same features as the bubbly one. 

Im thinking of reporting my card as damaged so i can get this one. Anyone think this is ok or will there be any adverse effects to my account and  i should just wait out two year for my current crappy bubbly card to expire?

So i ended up reporting it damaged and recieved the new debit card a couple weeks ago. It looks soooo much nicer, it has a dark blue background with the USAA flag feintly showing on the front. If u guys absolutely despise looking at your old design just report it damaged and USAA will keep the same account number/expiration date so you dont have to reactivate the new card!

Credit Karma (TU) : 810 Discover FICO (TU): 805 Credit Sesame (EX): 805 myFICO (EQ) - 791
Amex Simplycash Business - $15000 Citi Costco - $12000 Citi Double Cash - $10000 Discover IT - $12000 Chase Sapphire Reserve - $32000
Message 12 of 45
bs1234
Valued Member

@charleeislegend wrote:

So i ended up reporting it damaged and recieved the new debit card a couple weeks ago. It looks soooo much nicer, it has a dark blue background with the USAA flag feintly showing on the front. If u guys absolutely despise looking at your old design just report it damaged and USAA will keep the same account number/expiration date so you dont have to reactivate the new card!

And not to be too rude (well, OK, being rude!): Edit: then it didn't need to be said.  --Revelate, myFICO moderator

Message 13 of 45
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

my USAA debit and Best Buy MC are the two ugliest cards ive seen.
5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 14 of 45
charleeislegend
Regular Contributor

@bs1234 wrote:

@charleeislegend wrote:

And not to be too rude (well, OK, being rude!): If you spend any time at all worrying about the beauty or otherwise of a credit/debit card, and expend efforts getting replacements, um, well, reconsider priorities or something...

Didnt know spending 5 minutes of my time to order myself a new card AND write how i felt about it, made it a priority in my life.... Maybe if you stoped thinking about how people use their time and waste time posting about such things of NO value, you can straighten out YOUR priorities -_-

Message 15 of 45
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@charleeislegend wrote:

@bs1234 wrote:

@charleeislegend wrote:

And not to be too rude (well, OK, being rude!): If you spend any time at all worrying about the beauty or otherwise of a credit/debit card, and expend efforts getting replacements, um, well, reconsider priorities or something...

Didnt know spending 5 minutes of my time to order myself a new card AND write how i felt about it, made it a priority in my life.... Maybe if you stoped thinking about how people use their time and waste time posting about such things of NO value, you can straighten out YOUR priorities -_-

#FirstWorldProblems

Message 16 of 45
distantarray
Established Contributor

@ccnewcc wrote:

@MojaveMoon wrote:

I want to alert people that if you have the ATM card (not the debit card) from USAA that USAA calls the Maestro card and if you're thinking of switching from the ATM card to the debit card, an agent had told me current Maestro cardholders can continue to be reissued Maestro cards when your card expires but that anyone who doesn't have a Maestro card can no longer request a Maestro card. I prefer having an ATM card instead of a debit card since the number printed on the ATM card can not be used for purchases not requiring a signature or for purchases over the internet or the telephone. And when I make a deposit at a participating UPS store, the system for depositing checks accepts the Maestro as a valid form of USAA id.

ATM card?  Whats that?  2012 anyone?  haha jk Smiley Happy

It has it's uses, remember USAA does 1% foreign tranaction fees and 5 ATM charges waived, I used it in Vietnam quite a bit, most places there do not accept ANY credit cards and deal with cash, it's not too unusual to get pick pocketed so yea =P

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 17 of 45
distantarray
Established Contributor

btw why you guy describing the card? we all have camera phone post a picture =p

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 18 of 45
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@distantarray wrote:

Not allowed to post photos of personal cards on the site. Smiley Tongue Unless someone can google a photo of one without any personal info it cannot be done 

Message 19 of 45
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

@jsucool76 wrote:

@distantarray wrote:

Not allowed to post photos of personal cards on the site. Smiley Tongue Unless someone can google a photo of one without any personal info it cannot be done 

Thank you for this post!  Smiley Surprised)

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 20 of 45
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.