New USAA Debit Card?

tag
bs6054
Valued Contributor

Re: New USAA Debit Card?

@charleeislegend wrote:

@bs1234 wrote:

@charleeislegend wrote:

So i ended up reporting it damaged and recieved the new debit card a couple weeks ago. It looks soooo much nicer, it has a dark blue background with the USAA flag feintly showing on the front. If u guys absolutely despise looking at your old design just report it damaged and USAA will keep the same account number/expiration date so you dont have to reactivate the new card!

And not to be too rude (well, OK, being rude!): If you spend any time at all worrying about the beauty or otherwise of a credit/debit card, and expend efforts getting replacements, um, well, reconsider priorities or something...

Didnt know spending 5 minutes of my time to order myself a new card AND write how i felt about it, made it a priority in my life.... Maybe if you stoped thinking about how people use their time and waste time posting about such things of NO value, you can straighten out YOUR priorities -_-

Sorry, as indicated I was being rude, which actually is one of my priorities.  I have to insult strangers on the internet 8 times a week, or bad things might happen.

Message 21 of 45
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@bs6054 wrote:

@charleeislegend wrote:

@bs1234 wrote:

@charleeislegend wrote:

So i ended up reporting it damaged and recieved the new debit card a couple weeks ago. It looks soooo much nicer, it has a dark blue background with the USAA flag feintly showing on the front. If u guys absolutely despise looking at your old design just report it damaged and USAA will keep the same account number/expiration date so you dont have to reactivate the new card!

And not to be too rude (well, OK, being rude!): If you spend any time at all worrying about the beauty or otherwise of a credit/debit card, and expend efforts getting replacements, um, well, reconsider priorities or something...

Didnt know spending 5 minutes of my time to order myself a new card AND write how i felt about it, made it a priority in my life.... Maybe if you stoped thinking about how people use their time and waste time posting about such things of NO value, you can straighten out YOUR priorities -_-

Sorry, as indicated I was being rude, which actually is one of my priorities.  I have to insult strangers on the internet 8 times a week, or bad things might happen.

Darn it, that's what must be the source of my own issues!

        
Message 22 of 45
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Whoa...Whoa...threadjack

Shogun, you're a mod too?!!? Smiley Tongue I saw the post about rev, but haven't been on here that much lately...Smiley Tongue

Congrats to both of you Smiley Very Happy Or sorry...depending on how you look at it xD 

Message 23 of 45
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Thanks, I look at it like a blessed curse.  Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 24 of 45
distantarray
Established Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:

@distantarray wrote:

btw why you guy describing the card? we all have camera phone post a picture =p

Not allowed to post photos of personal cards on the site. Smiley Tongue Unless someone can google a photo of one without any personal info it cannot be done 

Everyone has  a basic program like ms paint =)  or just put scotch tape over the numbers lol

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 25 of 45
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@distantarray wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

@distantarray wrote:

btw why you guy describing the card? we all have camera phone post a picture =p

Not allowed to post photos of personal cards on the site. Smiley Tongue Unless someone can google a photo of one without any personal info it cannot be done 

Everyone has  a basic program like ms paint =)  or just put scotch tape over the numbers lol

This is the main issue. There is a post somewhere on here...and I think it was MVV who posted it before he left. Someone uploaded photos of their cards with black lines photoshopped over the numbers...which are extremely easy to remove, and MVV posted and said "Even with my complete lack of photoshop skills I was able to remove the lines and see all of the poster's info...so we're not doing that anymore" Smiley Tongue 

Message 26 of 45
jmcmillan
Frequent Contributor

I would really like to see what the ATM card looks like. If any of you who have it could scan it and send me a private link, I'd appreciate it Smiley Happy

Also, I don't know if any of you have been to one of the USAA financial centers in San Antonio, but their ATMs have an image of a USAA debit card below the card slot, and it's slick. It's blue with a navy blue silhouette of the USAA bird in the background. I really hope that's what it looks like!

Message 27 of 45
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@jmcmillan wrote:

I would really like to see what the ATM card looks like. If any of you who have it could scan it and send me a private link, I'd appreciate it Smiley Happy

Also, I don't know if any of you have been to one of the USAA financial centers in San Antonio, but their ATMs have an image of a USAA debit card below the card slot, and it's slick. It's blue with a navy blue silhouette of the USAA bird in the background. I really hope that's what it looks like!

Also, if anyone is willing to send me their SSN, mother maiden name, and any other info I would love that too Smiley Tongue just scan it to me and send it in a PM Smiley Tongue 

Message 28 of 45
jwduke
Regular Contributor

I liked the one that said "Cash Rewards" on it....Thank you congress for passing the Dodd-Frank bill!

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: FICO- 798 (02/21/18)
Goal Score: 800+ All Three

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 29 of 45
kekrre
Contributor

@jmcmillan wrote:

I just got mine and I had some time to kill, so I made a mockup in powerpoint, which hopefully circumvents the whole "how bad are you at covering up your credit card information" picture problem.

The card is a really rich deep navy and the eagle silhouette is so close in color that you can barely see it, even under bright light. It's a huge improvement over "bubbles" and if I didn't have any better cards to use (or they still offered rewards debit cards), I'd be far more likely to reach for it than my BoA debit card, just because it looks so nice and classy.

Anyway, my mockup (I think it looks pretty good Smiley Happy)

(this is intended for educational purposes only, and bears only a cursory resemblance to the actual card)

(all grey spots are "silver" IRL)

|||||||
Message 30 of 45
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.