Did you mean: 

New USAA Debit Card?

tag
HiLine
Blogger

Re: New USAA Debit Card?

@kekrre wrote:

@jmcmillan wrote:

I would really like to see what the ATM card looks like. If any of you who have it could scan it and send me a private link, I'd appreciate it Smiley Happy

Also, I don't know if any of you have been to one of the USAA financial centers in San Antonio, but their ATMs have an image of a USAA debit card below the card slot, and it's slick. It's blue with a navy blue silhouette of the USAA bird in the background. I really hope that's what it looks like!

I just got mine and I had some time to kill, so I made a mockup in powerpoint, which hopefully circumvents the whole "how bad are you at covering up your credit card information" picture problem.

The card is a really rich deep navy and the eagle silhouette is so close in color that you can barely see it, even under bright light. It's a huge improvement over "bubbles" and if I didn't have any better cards to use (or they still offered rewards debit cards), I'd be far more likely to reach for it than my BoA debit card, just because it looks so nice and classy.

Anyway, my mockup (I think it looks pretty good Smiley Happy)

(this is intended for educational purposes only, and bears only a cursory resemblance to the actual card)

(all grey spots are "silver" IRL)

Nice work! May I ask how you made this picture file? Did you base the picture on some other credit card picture? I'm writing a personal finance blog and am having difficulty illustrating my points without using copyrighted pictures. Knowing how to draw a credit card would be a very useful skill for that purpose Smiley Happy

Message 31 of 45
ccnewcc
Established Contributor

@kekrre wrote:

@jmcmillan wrote:

I would really like to see what the ATM card looks like. If any of you who have it could scan it and send me a private link, I'd appreciate it Smiley Happy

Also, I don't know if any of you have been to one of the USAA financial centers in San Antonio, but their ATMs have an image of a USAA debit card below the card slot, and it's slick. It's blue with a navy blue silhouette of the USAA bird in the background. I really hope that's what it looks like!

I just got mine and I had some time to kill, so I made a mockup in powerpoint, which hopefully circumvents the whole "how bad are you at covering up your credit card information" picture problem.

The card is a really rich deep navy and the eagle silhouette is so close in color that you can barely see it, even under bright light. It's a huge improvement over "bubbles" and if I didn't have any better cards to use (or they still offered rewards debit cards), I'd be far more likely to reach for it than my BoA debit card, just because it looks so nice and classy.

(this is intended for educational purposes only, and bears only a cursory resemblance to the actual card)

Awesome!

Now if only USAA MC were WMC with PayPass and Cash Back Debit Cards! lol Smiley Wink

Message 32 of 45
kekrre
Contributor

@HiLine wrote:

@kekrre wrote:

@jmcmillan wrote:

Nice work! May I ask how you made this picture file? Did you base the picture on some other credit card picture? I'm writing a personal finance blog and am having difficulty illustrating my points without using copyrighted pictures. Knowing how to draw a credit card would be a very useful skill for that purpose Smiley Happy

I did it in Powerpoint (custom slide size is identical to CC size), but GIMP, Photoshop, Libre/OpenOffice Impress and Paint would all probably work.

The background is a rounded corner rectangle (I eyeballed the radius of curvature - the standard one was too rounded). The MC and USAA logos (both logos are the same picture modified differently) were lifted from a google search - I modified them to remove their backgrounds and editted their colors (Photoshop is -much- better at this than PP). The text positioning/size was eyeballed. All text is helvetica (the most boring font) except the "Debit" logo, which is italic bold Arial, and I think a dead ringer for the standard "Credit", "Debit" and "Prepaid" logos on Visa/MC cards.

Things that are off include overall text positioning (couldn't get the proper spacing between the numbers and the 4-number groups), the font more than likely (except the "Debit" logo), the overall logo positioning/coloring (I can't even really see the real background eagle well enough to position it) and the fact that the MC logo has a copyright on it not normally found on cards.

|||||||
Message 33 of 45
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

Still rocking the bubbles.

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 34 of 45
jmcmillan
Frequent Contributor

@kekrre wrote:

@jmcmillan wrote:

Thanks, kekrre, looks great! Your description of the card almost sounds like the debit card image I've seen at USAA ATMs.

Next time I'm at the ATM I will take a photo.

Message 35 of 45
jmcmillan
Frequent Contributor

Is this what the new debit card looks like? This is the one pictured on their ATMs

From this webpage:

https://www.usaa.com/inet/pages/why_choose_usaa_main?wa_ref=pri_global_usaaandu

Message 36 of 45
charleeislegend
Regular Contributor

Yup that the one I have, but a little darker
Credit Karma (TU) : 810 Discover FICO (TU): 805 Credit Sesame (EX): 805 myFICO (EQ) - 791
Amex Simplycash Business - $15000 Citi Costco - $12000 Citi Double Cash - $10000 Discover IT - $12000 Chase Sapphire Reserve - $32000
Message 37 of 45
jmcmillan
Frequent Contributor

Sweet looking card Smiley Happy

Message 38 of 45
QuantumCredit
New Contributor

Hmm, I just received mine and it's similar the one you drew, but it doesn't have the large eagle outline, it is all solid navy blue with just the USAA logo in the upper right.

Message 39 of 45
PokemonMaster
Frequent Contributor

@QuantumCredit wrote:

Hmm, I just received mine and it's similar the one you drew, but it doesn't have the large eagle outline, it is all solid navy blue with just the USAA logo in the upper right.

On mine the eagle outline is hard to see but it's there. Are you sure yours is different? It's in the same location as the ones pictured it's just hard to see.

Message 40 of 45
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.