cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New USAA cards you might be interested!

tag
greeneman21
Contributor

Re: New USAA cards you might be interested!

Just got off the phone with them absolutely crap!!! I was just told they can't do a PC change (I'm on their point rewards program currently). They max out at $50,000 of credit card limits, I have 2 cards that are already at their max. So I need to close my cards and reapply. Unexcusable!

Wallet: NFCU CashRewards 35k-- USAA AMEX 28k-- USAA World MC 22k-- Discover IT 17.5k--Chase Freedom 23.5k-- NFCU NavCheck 15k
Message 21 of 73
Anonymous
Not applicable

They do look good, however I already have card with similar benifits. Also don't like ho wyou can only redeem the cash back once a year. I'll pass. For now.

Message 22 of 73
Leadberry
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

They do look good, however I already have card with similar benifits. Also don't like ho wyou can only redeem the cash back once a year. I'll pass. For now.

+1

The whole once a year redemption thing is a deal breaker.

FICO Scores 800+
Message 23 of 73
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Leadberry wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

+1

The whole once a year redemption thing is a deal breaker.

Yes, there is that, but again, even without, what is so very interesting about these cards!  There are many others with similar or better rewards, the caps are pretty low.

Message 24 of 73
thebusymind
New Contributor

Theyre whole credit card department is really weird. I have two of their cards and I've had them for about 2 years. Last month I got a CLI on both of them, but they couldn't lower the APR on them because "I'd need a new credit card" to do that lol. I think their computer system is really limiting, because theyre very flexible for everything else. 

Message 25 of 73
greeneman21
Contributor

agreed, the PC change restriction is just ridiculous, or just remove the 50k limit.

Wallet: NFCU CashRewards 35k-- USAA AMEX 28k-- USAA World MC 22k-- Discover IT 17.5k--Chase Freedom 23.5k-- NFCU NavCheck 15k
Message 26 of 73
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

I'm not a full member.  I tried to apply, but it says I'm not eligible.  Oh well..

Message 27 of 73
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

It's about time! Smiley Happy

Message 28 of 73
Lyythine
Established Contributor

@thebusymind wrote:

Theyre whole credit card department is really weird. I have two of their cards and I've had them for about 2 years. Last month I got a CLI on both of them, but they couldn't lower the APR on them because "I'd need a new credit card" to do that lol. I think their computer system is really limiting, because theyre very flexible for everything else. 

From your lips to God's ears... I absolutely LOVE their insurance and they have bent over backwards to help me when I had insurance claims.  That being said, its a crap shoot when dealing with their credit department.  I have tried to understand their decisions, I have tried to have them explain it to me. I have tried using a crystal ball. Nothing has worked, so I let them be them and I'm just along for the ride.  

That being said, the way they have dealt with suspicious spending with me is fantastic!  I quite often make last minute trips all over the world and I never call them to let them know and I have never been declined.  A few months ago, I took a last minute trip to Montenegro and I rented a car using my USAA Amex and was called within 30 seconds (no joke) to make sure it was me.  So much better than BofA, who declines transactions in VA because, and I quote "you just purchased something D.C. and Maryland, how are you getting to these different states so quickly?"  I then proceeded to give a small geography lesson and let them know that from where I was standing I could throw a stone and hit DC or Maryland... Ugh.

Message 29 of 73
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Lyythine wrote:

@thebusymind wrote:

From your lips to God's ears... I absolutely LOVE their insurance and they have bent over backwards to help me when I had insurance claims.  That being said, its a crap shoot when dealing with their credit department.  I have tried to understand their decisions, I have tried to have them explain it to me. I have tried using a crystal ball. Nothing has worked, so I let them be them and I'm just along for the ride.  

That being said, the way they have dealt with suspicious spending with me is fantastic!  I quite often make last minute trips all over the world and I never call them to let them know and I have never been declined.  A few months ago, I took a last minute trip to Montenegro and I rented a car using my USAA Amex and was called within 30 seconds (no joke) to make sure it was me.  So much better than BofA, who declines transactions in VA because, and I quote "you just purchased something D.C. and Maryland, how are you getting to these different states so quickly?"  I then proceeded to give a small geography lesson and let them know that from where I was standing I could throw a stone and hit DC or Maryland... Ugh.

Good one.

Oh, I would like your Accolades AMEX and JPM Select please Smiley Very Happy  How do you like the services with UBS?

Message 30 of 73
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.