cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New USAA cards you might be interested!

tag
johnpalley
Established Contributor

Re: New USAA cards you might be interested!

im gonna apply for the USAA Military Affiliate American Express when the time comes. its 10.99% instead of 9.90%... oh well.. 

Message 61 of 73
elim
Senior Contributor

@johnpalley wrote:

im gonna apply for the USAA Military Affiliate American Express when the time comes. its 10.99% instead of 9.90%... oh well.. 

pretty strange that you can apply for that and not the Cashback Rewards Plus American Express.

are you sure you don't have any military in the fam? great grandfather? anyone?

Message 62 of 73
Anonymous
Not applicable

For the right fee I'll let someone be a relative. 

J/k

Message 63 of 73
creditfan
Established Contributor

I'm confused APR listed on my MC card account details "Regular APR on new transactions 12.90% (Prime + 9.65%)".

The 3.25% different, what is that?

on the site shows vary 9.90% - 25.90%

Message 64 of 73
elim
Senior Contributor

@creditfan wrote:

I'm confused APR listed on my MC card account details "Regular APR on new transactions 12.90% (Prime + 9.65%)".

The 3.25% different, what is that?

on the site shows vary 9.90% - 25.90%

Prime Rate (per wiki)

Prime rate or prime lending rate is a term applied in many countries to reference an interest rate used by banks. The term originally indicated the rate of interest at which banks lent to favored customers, i.e., those with good credit, though this is no longer always the case. Some variable interest rates may be expressed as a percentage above or below prime rate (in your case 9.65% above)

Message 65 of 73
CreditUnionFan
Valued Contributor

@Ron1 wrote:
I read from other forum about USAA new credit cards. They got a couple of good looking cards.

link:
https://www.usaa.com/inet/pages/banking_credit_cards_main?wa_ref=lf_product_bank_cc

Ron.

Darn you, Ron...  I may be tempted to "poke the bear" at USAA. I have an older Amex that gets the bonus on grocery stores, but it might be nice to have another 1.5% card in my wallet.

I was going to garden... Honest!
Message 66 of 73
johnpalley
Established Contributor

@elim wrote:

@johnpalley wrote:

pretty strange that you can apply for that and not the Cashback Rewards Plus American Express.

are you sure you don't have any military in the fam? great grandfather? anyone?

my uncle (blood aunts husband) but i dont really want to ask him.

Message 67 of 73
Ron1
Super Contributor

@CreditUnionFan wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:
I read from other forum about USAA new credit cards. They got a couple of good looking cards.

link:
https://www.usaa.com/inet/pages/banking_credit_cards_main?wa_ref=lf_product_bank_cc

Ron.

Darn you, Ron...  I may be tempted to "poke the bear" at USAA. I have an older Amex that gets the bonus on grocery stores, but it might be nice to have another 1.5% card in my wallet.

Smiley Happy

Ron.

Message 68 of 73
johnpalley
Established Contributor

guys, lets say i did ask my uncle (blood aunts husband) to use his military info to get a usaa card. would that work or does it have to be immediate family? if thats exceptable what info do i need to get from him? does he need to sign any papers? that would be insane if i was actually able to get the rate advantage card (6.90% interest). id get that instead of the amex if i could

Message 69 of 73
score_building
Senior Contributor

The 6.9 Rate Advantage APR is not a given if approved for the card. Only those whose profiles qualify them get it, based on creditworthiness, several posts report higher APR "rate advantage" approvals.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 70 of 73
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.