Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New USbank annual fee

tag
ottergo4
Contributor

New USbank annual fee

Have had my USbank platinum card for 2 years now with $40 annual fee-$0 with one purchase, so in effect no annual fee. Got a letter couple weeks ago saying that they are instituting a $39 annual fee starting in Oct.. Probably average $300-$400 a month and have always PIF before the end of the month. Never late, never over limit-never even close to limit (maybe that's the problem?) Don't want to opt out as it's my highest limit card. Has anyone else got this message and if so, any luck calling to try to get fee waived?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Re: New USbank annual fee

I have a USBank Platinum, and the annual fee is waived if it use the card (which I do, at $15 per month every month  Smiley Very Happy).  I also bank with them.  No letter on an annual fee yet

The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 2 of 7
Imhotrodcrazy
Valued Contributor

I have two cards with US Bank and I have not received a letter regarding a new fee.   My card also states an annual fee IF I don't use it at least once during the year.  I use these cards exclusively, therefore no annual fee.  ( so far )  Smiley Happy

FICO 08
TU 842 12/8/18
EX 840 12/29/18
EQ 842 12/8/18
(NASA 30K) ( Amex 44k ) ( Freedom 10.6K ) ( US Bank Cash+ 20k, LOC 15k ) Winners never quit, and quitters never win
last app 2/15
Message 3 of 7
Established Contributor

I am a US Bank Platinum CC holder and I received a letter from US Bank dated 7/28/10. It stated, among minor changes to "late payment" fees, "over the limit"  fees and "returned payment" fees  effective 11/14/10, the following:

"We are pleased to inform you that starting on August 22, 2010 we are eliminating the Returned Convenience Check Fee, Inactivity Fee and Closed Account Fee associated with your account."

The Inactivity Fee change caught my eye because it is a direct result of the Credit Card Act. As most are aware, whom hold a US Bank CC, this fee was imposed if  the card was not used at least once per year based on the original effective date of their CC.

As of yet, I have not been notified of an annual fee being imposed by US Bank to my CC.

Message 4 of 7
bakalao2k
Frequent Contributor

I haven't received a letter annoucing a $39 annual fee.

TU - 737 - 02/21/09, 769 - 02/06/10, 795 - 09/08/10
EQ - 758 - 02/21/09, 783 - 02/06/10, 805 - 09/08/10
EX (PLUS) - 781 03/23/09, 787 - 02/06/10, 783 - 08/09/10
Message 5 of 7
jefftca925
Established Contributor

I haven't received anything yet on my FlexPerks card.   But I'm pretty sure they charge an annual fee if you don't use the card all year.

CCs: Chase Freedom VS 12.9k, CSP VISA Sg 13k, BofA Amex 24.5k, Discover 12.5k, US Bank Cash+ Visa Sg 17k, Macy's Amex 8k/1.5k, Gap Visa 10k, Best Buy 11.1k, Citi TY MC 10.8k, Citi AA Amex 6k, Nordstrom VS 10k, Costco Amex 12k, BofA CR VS 5k, Amex BCP 13.5k, Amex ED 5k, Sears MC 9k, HD 7k, Target 600, Amazon 7k, US Bank MC 15k, US Airways MC 8k, NFL Visa 4k, Patelco Visa 10k, Penfed PR VS 44.6k, Chase Hyatt VS 8k, Citi Simplicity 13.3k, PayPal MC 7.5k, BBVA Visa 4k, WF VS 14k, FNBO Amex 14.1k, OCCU VISA 15k, TR Visa Sg 16.3k, C1 QS Visa 11k, FRN MC 15k, HSN 4k, Saks WEMC 10k/4k, Chase Ink 18k, Arrival WEMC 10k, Ebates VS 8k, Orbitz VS 12k, NASA V 30k, USBk FP VS 21.5k, DC 30k, VirgAm 15k, Sams MC 15k, Amex Bz Gold, Amex SC 10k, BofW Bz MC 18k
Message 6 of 7
Duke-of-Earl
Regular Contributor

@plasticman wrote:

I am a US Bank Platinum CC holder and I received a letter from US Bank dated 7/28/10. It stated, among minor changes to "late payment" fees, "over the limit"  fees and "returned payment" fees  effective 11/14/10, the following:

"We are pleased to inform you that starting on August 22, 2010 we are eliminating the Returned Convenience Check Fee, Inactivity Fee and Closed Account Fee associated with your account."

The Inactivity Fee change caught my eye because it is a direct result of the Credit Card Act. As most are aware, whom hold a US Bank CC, this fee was imposed if  the card was not used at least once per year based on the original effective date of their CC.

As of yet, I have not been notified of an annual fee being imposed by US Bank to my CC.

Yes, the CCCs are all doing that, announcing that they are obeying a law they fought against so hard, in language that makes it sound like they are voluntarily doing something wonderful for their "valued customers".  There's a long history of this, no doubt longer than I'm aware.  I'm old enough to remember Lee Iacocca boasting about all the lives being saved by the seat belts his company was now including as standard equipment in their cars.  After leading the auto industry's fight against them, because they would raise the cost of a new car by a hundred bucks.

Starting Score: EQ 804 - (April 2009)
Upgraded thanks to FICO Forums: EQ 813 / EX 842 / TU 823 - (FICO scores from mortgage lenders, June 2010)
Recent Scores: EQ 807 / TU 799 - (March 2012)
Goal: Survive Another Day
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.