Established Contributor
Boldilocks

New Walmart Card - Won't Let Me Pay The Balance

I just got a new Walmart store card and figured I would use it for doing the grocery shopping and PIF every month (we do our shop at the Walmart Supercenter so I'm going there anyway).

So I did the shop, went on the website later that evening and while it's showing my available credit as $75 (used $325 on a $400 CL), it has current balance as $0 and payment due as $0.  When I try to pay it, it won't let me.

Is this just the usual thing for the first month / until the first statement cuts?  It's a little irritating as if forces me to have higher util than usual and I'll take a fico hit for that, but it'll rebound.

Current scores: EQ 736, TU - 732
Super Contributor
marty56

Re: New Walmart Card - Won't Let Me Pay The Balance

You can pay in the store at any time and for any amount.  I frequently have a credit on my Sams card because I do this.
09/12/2013 FICO: EQ: 772 EX:813 TU:752
Super Contributor
DI

It's normal.  Most members on this board will force an electronic payment via their banks website.  
Regular Contributor
Cyrion

I don't have a Walmart card, but I have other cards that do the same thing, it usually takes a couple of days for it to post and then you can pif without it ever hitting your cr.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}