Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Walmart Cards being Mailed out

tag
armbenderc
Valued Contributor

Re: New Walmart Cards being Mailed out

I got the new design in the mail yesterday. However, I am still sad that they didn't upgrade me to Wal-Mart Discover yet.

CL: 2.9k (starting at 600)

Util: 10%

I even used it to 80% and pay $100 a month so they can EAT my money with their APR instead of paying it off in full.

Two more months and balance/util will be "0"

Currently: Not in my wallet until I get the Discover upgrade Smiley Surprised

2013 Approvals: Discover IT - 3/1, Amex BCE - 3/4, CSP - 5/4, Barclay Ring - 6/12, BoA Privileges Cash - 6/27, Citi TY Preferred - 8/6, OCCU Duck - 11/4, USBank (Cash+) - 11/22, Wells Fargo - 12/21, Nordstrom - 12/29

12/19/2013, $100k+ Available Credit. Total Util: 0-1%
Message 11 of 48
CruzImperial
Established Contributor

This seems like a rather interesting card. The blue one I have sucks!

Fico Scores: . Walmart TU 748 . Garden 8/19 2014 .

Cap One Journey 500 | Discover IT 500 | GE Home Design 5.6k | GE HHGREGG 5k | Amex Zync NPSL | Amex BCE 6k | Citi Forward 4.2k | Citi Dividend 3k | GE BrandsMart 1k | GE Lowes 8.5k | Discover Walmart 7.5k | Barclays Apple 2.5k | BoA CR 2.7k | CSP 7.2k | Platinum Prestige 5k | IT Chrome 4k | Slate 2.3k |
Message 12 of 48
AF_23
Frequent Contributor

http://www.walmart.com/cp/Credit-Cards/632402 . Discover is hiding in the background, but thats a wild looking card for those pics are true. Smiley Surprised

Message 13 of 48
gettnthere
Established Contributor

@CruzImperial wrote:

This seems like a rather interesting card. The blue one I have sucks!

I Concur lol. I don't really care for the blue card either. I wish I had been approved for the Discover version but I wasn't Smiley Sad I guess ill just wait for the upgrade, im sure it will come at some point or another.

Starting Score: EQ 609, EX 633(Fako), TU 700
Current Score: EQ 699, EX 758, TU 733
Goal Score: 720 across the board
Garden Club Member-GC Challenge: App free since 10/31/12 Smiley Wink
Message 14 of 48
CruzImperial
Established Contributor

@AF_23 wrote:

http://www.walmart.com/cp/Credit-Cards/632402 . Discover is hiding in the background, but thats a wild looking card for those pics are true. Smiley Surprised

WOW look at that babe! I am calling to request one asap. Smiley HappySmiley HappySmiley Happy

Fico Scores: . Walmart TU 748 . Garden 8/19 2014 .

Cap One Journey 500 | Discover IT 500 | GE Home Design 5.6k | GE HHGREGG 5k | Amex Zync NPSL | Amex BCE 6k | Citi Forward 4.2k | Citi Dividend 3k | GE BrandsMart 1k | GE Lowes 8.5k | Discover Walmart 7.5k | Barclays Apple 2.5k | BoA CR 2.7k | CSP 7.2k | Platinum Prestige 5k | IT Chrome 4k | Slate 2.3k |
Message 15 of 48
Sweets8E
Frequent Contributor

Got mine in the mail today. After reading the reason, it all made sense. I got a new American Eagle card in the mail too which totally looks different and was wondering if that was just customary for them to send a new card yearly (didn't read the letter that came with it). I guess they've changed the design of all their cards, so if you have more than one GE card, you should expect a new one soon I guess for all.

Starting Score: 686 TU / 683 EQ 01/17/2013
Current Score: 703 TU / 691 EQ 10/04/2013 / 688 EX 11/12/2013
Goal Score: 700 across all three

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 16 of 48
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@Sweets8E wrote:

Got mine in the mail today. After reading the reason, it all made sense. I got a new American Eagle card in the mail too which totally looks different and was wondering if that was just customary for them to send a new card yearly (didn't read the letter that came with it). I guess they've changed the design of all their cards, so if you have more than one GE card, you should expect a new one soon I guess for all.

Bah I think mine is gonna get shipped to my home address and not my school address Smiley Sad 

I hate the look of the old card though, it's all sparkly and crap...

Message 17 of 48
bobebob
Frequent Contributor

I wonder why they are really changing them all at the same time. When I called for a CLI, they did mention that I would be getting a new card. I assumed it had something to do with the CLI.

It seams like an expensive move just to update the design of the card when the existing cards aren't that close to their expiration dates.

I wonder if they didn't have a potential leak of data and are issuing new cards with new expiration dates and security codes to reduce the threat of cc theft.

bobebob || Nov: My FICO SW EQ(Upgraded Version) = 822 ||Sept: Walmart TU Fico=838Goal = FICO's>800 || In my wallet: CostcoAmEx(20k), DCU Visa Platinum (10k), BoA Visa Signature (17.1k), Walmart Discover (7.5k), AmEx Corporate (5k). All PIF every month.
Message 18 of 48
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@bobebob wrote:

I wonder why they are really changing them all at the same time. When I called for a CLI, they did mention that I would be getting a new card. I assumed it had something to do with the CLI.

It seams like an expensive move just to update the design of the card when the existing cards aren't that close to their expiration dates.

I wonder if they didn't have a potential leak of data and are issuing new cards with new expiration dates and security codes to reduce the threat of cc theft.

I don't think it really costs them that much. They must go through plenty of cards anyways. My card doesn't even have an expiration date printed on it. 

Message 19 of 48
AF_23
Frequent Contributor

@CruzImperial wrote:

@AF_23 wrote:

WOW look at that babe! I am calling to request one asap. Smiley HappySmiley HappySmiley Happy

Im sure they will send one without having to ask Smiley Happy
Message 20 of 48
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.