New Walmart Cards being Mailed out

tag
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

Re: New Walmart Cards being Mailed out

@Sparkz1920 wrote:

@flowfaster wrote:

@maiden_girl wrote:

I just received the blue card with the white and orange Discover logo on it today.

I thought the new design was all orange if you have the discover version?

Mine is Orange and i do not see a Walmart logo on it so im good with that

It's the Discover version but it isn't orange. It's all blue with a huge walmart spark on the left and the walmart logo with a spark on the right. Standard Discover logo at the bottom right corner. It basically looks like the Walmart store card with a discover logo on it. I don't see any changes. I've only see the orange cards online during the application but not in person. Does anyone have a Discover Walmart Orange card?

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 31 of 48
calihlove75
Established Contributor

@maiden_girl wrote:

@Sparkz1920 wrote:

@flowfaster wrote:

@maiden_girl wrote:

I just received the blue card with the white and orange Discover logo on it today.

It's the Discover version but it isn't orange. It's all blue with a huge walmart spark on the left and the walmart logo with a spark on the right. Standard Discover logo at the bottom right corner. It basically looks like the Walmart store card with a discover logo on it. I don't see any changes. I've only see the orange cards online during the application but not in person. Does anyone have a Discover Walmart Orange card?

Yes mine is completely orange from my 9/15/12 approval. It doesn't have the Walmart logo, only the the Discover on lower right corner.

100% Ficos: EX 780 , TU 783, EQ 776 inquiries last 2 years/1 year/6 months: EX-0/0/0, TU-0/0/0, EQ-1/0/0~ last credit card app 6/24/13- New car loan 3/8/2014- Discover IT $12,500~Kohls $1000~Amex BCE $4000~ Walmart Discover $7500~NFCU Signature CashRewards $23,300 Chase Freedom MC $6000~ Chase Amazon Visa $1900~ Cap 1/HSBC MC $3800~ Amazon Store $7000~ Fingerhut $1050
Message 32 of 48
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

@calihlove75 wrote:

@maiden_girl wrote:

@Sparkz1920 wrote:

@flowfaster wrote:

@maiden_girl wrote:

Yes mine is completely orange from my 9/15/12 approval. It doesn't have the Walmart logo, only the the Discover on lower right corner.

That's odd. And it's a WM Discover card? I thought WM would want to put their logo all over it! I have the one on their website...

(card from walmart site.)

Message 33 of 48
calihlove75
Established Contributor

@maiden_girl wrote:

@calihlove75 wrote:

@maiden_girl wrote:

@Sparkz1920 wrote:

@flowfaster wrote:

@maiden_girl wrote:

That's odd. And it's a WM Discover card? I thought WM would want to put their logo all over it! I have the one on their website...

(card from walmart site.)

Yes the discover version and it's ugly. I wish I received the blue.

100% Ficos: EX 780 , TU 783, EQ 776 inquiries last 2 years/1 year/6 months: EX-0/0/0, TU-0/0/0, EQ-1/0/0~ last credit card app 6/24/13- New car loan 3/8/2014- Discover IT $12,500~Kohls $1000~Amex BCE $4000~ Walmart Discover $7500~NFCU Signature CashRewards $23,300 Chase Freedom MC $6000~ Chase Amazon Visa $1900~ Cap 1/HSBC MC $3800~ Amazon Store $7000~ Fingerhut $1050
Message 34 of 48
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

LOL don't worry. The blue one is ugly too. It looks practically like the store card with the exception of a expiration date...use it anywhere else and someone will think you're trying to pay them with a Walmart store card...smh.

Message 35 of 48
corymcd88
Valued Contributor

@linux007969 wrote:

Today I got a new Walmart Card in the mail, the information sent with the card said i am recieving this new card because GE Money Bank changed it's name to GE Capital Retail Bank. The card had a different design on it and had the same account number. The thing is when i applied for the card it was GE Capital Retail Bank then, so I called them after i saw that just to make sure this wasn't some sort of scam. I got a nice lady from the United States that said they are mailing out cards with new designes to customers and she doesn't know why it says about being changed to GE Capital Retail Bank. She said they have been GE Capital Retail Bank for the past 12 months. She said this new card was legit and it did not need activation and she said i was all set.

I just thought I would let you all know this so no one freaks out like i did. LOL Smiley Very Happy

LOL. I got my new card and called and asked the same thing. The back of my old card said GE Capital Retail Bank and the new one said the same thing.

Message 36 of 48
linux007969
Established Contributor

@corymcd88 wrote:

@linux007969 wrote:

Today I got a new Walmart Card in the mail, the information sent with the card said i am recieving this new card because GE Money Bank changed it's name to GE Capital Retail Bank. The card had a different design on it and had the same account number. The thing is when i applied for the card it was GE Capital Retail Bank then, so I called them after i saw that just to make sure this wasn't some sort of scam. I got a nice lady from the United States that said they are mailing out cards with new designes to customers and she doesn't know why it says about being changed to GE Capital Retail Bank. She said they have been GE Capital Retail Bank for the past 12 months. She said this new card was legit and it did not need activation and she said i was all set.

I just thought I would let you all know this so no one freaks out like i did. LOL Smiley Very Happy

LOL. I got my new card and called and asked the same thing. The back of my old card said GE Capital Retail Bank and the new one said the same thing.

ya that's why i called in because they both had said GE Capital Retail Bank so i was making sure it was legit and not some sort of scam.

Rebuilding Credit since 2016
Debt: Almost $80,000
Message 37 of 48
lithium78
Established Contributor

I just got a notice on my online account that they are shipping out a new Walmart Discover card to me.  Is there a legitimate reason that they are doing this?  Maybe cyber-security?  I have had my WM Discover for less than a year so I'm a little surprised they are reissuing it already.

Starting Score: TU: 566
Current Score: TU: 741 (Discover FICO); EQ: 755 (MyFico) EX: 774 (FAKO)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 38 of 48
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

I called Walmart today about that email they sent me about sending out the new orange card. I waited and waited to see it in the mail and then nothing. So I called GE today to see what was up.They said that b/c I have the most recent version (blue walmart sparky discover) they won't send me another card and to ignore that email. They got me excited about the orange card for nothing.

Message 39 of 48
lithium78
Established Contributor

Got the new orange design Walmart Discover card in the mail yesterday.  It looks pretty nice, even if the color is a little gaudy.  No mention of Walmart anywhere on the front of the card, which is nice because people kept thinking it was a Walmart retail card when I've used it before.  Unfortunately, there's a bit of a stigma attached to Walmart for some reason right now (probably because of that peopleofwalmart.com website), so it's nice that the card is fairly inconspicuous.

Starting Score: TU: 566
Current Score: TU: 741 (Discover FICO); EQ: 755 (MyFico) EX: 774 (FAKO)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 40 of 48
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.