Reply
Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,339
Registered: ‎09-11-2012
0

Re: New Walmart Cards being Mailed out

I got the new design in the mail yesterday. However, I am still sad that they didn't upgrade me to Wal-Mart Discover yet.

 

CL: 2.9k (starting at 600)

Util: 10%

Age: 13 months

 

I even used it to 80% and pay $100 a month so they can EAT my money with their APR instead of paying it off in full.

 

Two more months and balance/util will be "0"

 

Currently: Not in my wallet until I get the Discover upgrade Smiley Surprised

 

 

2013 Approvals: Discover IT - 3/1, Amex BCE - 3/4, CSP - 5/4, Barclay Ring - 6/12, BoA Privileges Cash - 6/27, Citi TY Preferred - 8/6, OCCU Duck - 11/4, USBank (Cash+) - 11/22, Wells Fargo - 12/21, Nordstrom - 12/29

12/19/2013, $100k+ Available Credit. Total Util: 0-1%
Established Contributor
Posts: 869
Registered: ‎07-04-2012
0

Re: New Walmart Cards being Mailed out

This seems like a rather interesting card. The blue one I have sucks!

Fico Scores: . Walmart TU 748 . Garden 8/19 2014 .

Cap One Journey 500 | Discover IT 500 | GE Home Design 5.6k | GE HHGREGG 5k | Amex Zync NPSL | Amex BCE 6k | Citi Forward 4.2k | Citi Dividend 3k | GE BrandsMart 1k | GE Lowes 8.5k | Discover Walmart 7.5k | Barclays Apple 2.5k | BoA CR 2.7k | CSP 7.2k | Platinum Prestige 5k | IT Chrome 4k | Slate 2.3k |
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 288
Registered: ‎02-06-2012
0

Re: New Walmart Cards being Mailed out

http://www.walmart.com/cp/Credit-Cards/632402 . Discover is hiding in the background, but thats a wild looking card for those pics are true. Smiley Surprised

Established Contributor
Posts: 912
Registered: ‎06-14-2012
0

Re: New Walmart Cards being Mailed out


CruzImperial wrote:

This seems like a rather interesting card. The blue one I have sucks!


I Concur lol. I don't really care for the blue card either. I wish I had been approved for the Discover version but I wasn't Smiley Sad I guess ill just wait for the upgrade, im sure it will come at some point or another.



Starting Score: EQ 609, EX 633(Fako), TU 700
Current Score: EQ 699, EX 758, TU 733
Goal Score: 720 across the board
Garden Club Member-GC Challenge: App free since 10/31/12 Smiley Wink
Established Contributor
Posts: 869
Registered: ‎07-04-2012
0

Re: New Walmart Cards being Mailed out


AF_23 wrote:

http://www.walmart.com/cp/Credit-Cards/632402 . Discover is hiding in the background, but thats a wild looking card for those pics are true. Smiley Surprised


WOW look at that babe! I am calling to request one asap. Smiley HappySmiley HappySmiley Happy

 

Fico Scores: . Walmart TU 748 . Garden 8/19 2014 .

Cap One Journey 500 | Discover IT 500 | GE Home Design 5.6k | GE HHGREGG 5k | Amex Zync NPSL | Amex BCE 6k | Citi Forward 4.2k | Citi Dividend 3k | GE BrandsMart 1k | GE Lowes 8.5k | Discover Walmart 7.5k | Barclays Apple 2.5k | BoA CR 2.7k | CSP 7.2k | Platinum Prestige 5k | IT Chrome 4k | Slate 2.3k |
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 262
Registered: ‎03-07-2009
0

Re: New Walmart Cards being Mailed out

Got mine in the mail today. After reading the reason, it all made sense. I got a new American Eagle card in the mail too which totally looks different and was wondering if that was just customary for them to send a new card yearly (didn't read the letter that came with it). I guess they've changed the design of all their cards, so if you have more than one GE card, you should expect a new one soon I guess for all.


Starting Score: 686 TU / 683 EQ 01/17/2013
Current Score: 703 TU / 691 EQ 10/04/2013 / 688 EX 11/12/2013
Goal Score: 700 across all three


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Super Contributor
Posts: 5,900
Registered: ‎12-11-2011
0

Re: New Walmart Cards being Mailed out


Sweets8E wrote:

Got mine in the mail today. After reading the reason, it all made sense. I got a new American Eagle card in the mail too which totally looks different and was wondering if that was just customary for them to send a new card yearly (didn't read the letter that came with it). I guess they've changed the design of all their cards, so if you have more than one GE card, you should expect a new one soon I guess for all.


Bah I think mine is gonna get shipped to my home address and not my school address Smiley Sad 

 

I hate the look of the old card though, it's all sparkly and crap...

;
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 263
Registered: ‎08-14-2011
0

Re: New Walmart Cards being Mailed out

I wonder why they are really changing them all at the same time. When I called for a CLI, they did mention that I would be getting a new card. I assumed it had something to do with the CLI.

 

It seams like an expensive move just to update the design of the card when the existing cards aren't that close to their expiration dates.

 

I wonder if they didn't have a potential leak of data and are issuing new cards with new expiration dates and security codes to reduce the threat of cc theft.

 

 

bobebob || Nov: My FICO SW EQ(Upgraded Version) = 822 ||Sept: Walmart TU Fico=838Goal = FICO's>800 || In my wallet: CostcoAmEx(20k), DCU Visa Platinum (10k), BoA Visa Signature (17.1k), Walmart Discover (7.5k), AmEx Corporate (5k). All PIF every month.
Super Contributor
Posts: 5,900
Registered: ‎12-11-2011
0

Re: New Walmart Cards being Mailed out


bobebob wrote:

I wonder why they are really changing them all at the same time. When I called for a CLI, they did mention that I would be getting a new card. I assumed it had something to do with the CLI.

 

It seams like an expensive move just to update the design of the card when the existing cards aren't that close to their expiration dates.

 

I wonder if they didn't have a potential leak of data and are issuing new cards with new expiration dates and security codes to reduce the threat of cc theft.

 

 


I don't think it really costs them that much. They must go through plenty of cards anyways. My card doesn't even have an expiration date printed on it. 

;
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 288
Registered: ‎02-06-2012
0

Re: New Walmart Cards being Mailed out


CruzImperial wrote:

AF_23 wrote:

http://www.walmart.com/cp/Credit-Cards/632402 . Discover is hiding in the background, but thats a wild looking card for those pics are true. Smiley Surprised


WOW look at that babe! I am calling to request one asap. Smiley HappySmiley HappySmiley Happy

 


Im sure they will send one without having to ask Smiley Happy
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.