Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Walmart Perks

tag
halos24
Frequent Contributor

New Walmart Perks

Just received the email on 3% cash back on Walmart purchases, 2% on Walmart gas although I don't have one anywhere around me, and 1% @ Walmart and Sam's which is the only time I have used the card recently was about to close it any ways.
MyFico 3B Scores: EQ: 3/22/16 (727), EX (710) TU (714)

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: New Walmart Perks

I just got the email too.

walmart (2).jpg

Message 2 of 19
MyLoFICO
Valued Contributor

Finally! An e-mail that you all get that I actually got. lol 

Experian: 677 (28) | TransUnion: 697 (27) | Equifax: 684 (6)
Gardening as of: 1-23-2018
Updated 1-25-18
Message 3 of 19
halos24
Frequent Contributor

Lol that's funny!
MyFico 3B Scores: EQ: 3/22/16 (727), EX (710) TU (714)

Message 4 of 19
creditguy
Valued Contributor

I know this is probably a dumb question but does Sam's gas qualify as a Walmart gas purchase? That is if a Walmart card is even accepted at a Sam's pump, I never tried it there, sorry if this is an obvious answer.
Message 5 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

The 1% has changed to any walmart and anywhere your card is accepted.

Message 6 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@creditguy wrote:
I know this is probably a dumb question but does Sam's gas qualify as a Walmart gas purchase? That is if a Walmart card is even accepted at a Sam's pump, I never tried it there, sorry if this is an obvious answer.

I have no idea. I didn't even know the Walmart store card was accepted at Sam's Club...lol. You would think it would apply to Sam's gas if it's accepted there, but I don't know - hopefully someone who knows will chime in.

Message 7 of 19
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

@creditguy wrote:

I have no idea. I didn't even know the Walmart store card was accepted at Sam's Club...lol. You would think it would apply to Sam's gas if it's accepted there, but I don't know - hopefully someone who knows will chime in.

Yep, you're good to go! 

http://help.samsclub.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1551/~/accepted-payment-methods

samsgas.jpg

Edited to add:  This only clarifies that Wal-Mart credit is accepted at Sam's gas pumps, not if the purchase will qualify for 2% or not.  Smiley Wink

Message 8 of 19
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@halos24 wrote:
@Anonymous received the email on 3% cash back on Walmart purchases, 2% on Walmart gas although I don't have one anywhere around me, and 1% @ Walmart and Sam's which is the only time I have used the card recently was about to close it any ways.

This is a good perk, but from what I understand the 3% doesn't include in-store purchases, only walmart.com purchases. 

If included purchases made in brick-and-mortar Wal-Mart stores, I'd be applying right now instead of typing this!  Smiley Very Happy

Message 9 of 19
creditguy
Valued Contributor

Thanks Uncle B I'll have to give it a shot 

@UncleB wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@creditguy wrote:

Yep, you're good to go! 

http://help.samsclub.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1551/~/accepted-payment-methods

samsgas.jpg

Edited to add:  This only clarifies that Wal-Mart credit is accepted at Sam's gas pumps, not if the purchase will qualify for 2% or not.  Smiley Wink

Thanks Uncle B I'll have to check it out and see if the 2% counts for Sam's gas. since they closed down the Sam's near me I have had no reason to go out of my way for their gas, now I do, at least one time anyway Smiley Wink

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.