Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Wells Fargo Propel Amex has launched

tag
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

Re: New Wells Fargo Propel Amex has launched

Stingy lending practices coupled with being a relationship bank make this card a poor choice for most people on here. 

I terminated all my banking with Wells Fargo last year because of their poor customer service, and treating me like a criminal. 

Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just tried to PC my old 1% cash back visa to this in branch but they wouldn't let me. Seemed like a long shot anyway since the Propel is an Amex.

Too bad, it actually seems like a pretty decent card.
Message 12 of 14
core
Valued Contributor

@DeeBee78 wrote:

I terminated all my banking with Wells Fargo last year because of their poor customer service, and treating me like a criminal

What happened?  Do you have a thread here about this story?

Message 13 of 14
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

@core wrote:

@DeeBee78 wrote:

I terminated all my banking with Wells Fargo last year because of their poor customer service, and treating me like a criminal

What happened?  Do you have a thread here about this story?

Nah, I was looking to switch banks for a while, Wells Fargo provided the final push. 

To make a long story short, they wouldn't let me withdraw $5k out of my account, because they didn't think I was me. They accused me of signing my name differently than when I opened the account, and didn't want to give me the money. 

I drove up to the branch by my house, withdrew my money with people who knew who I was, and closed my accounts. 

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.