New Wells Fargo "Pre-Selected" Offer - Propel

tag
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Re: New Wells Fargo "Pre-Selected" Offer - Propel

@UncleB wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

25.24%.... That's ridiculous. 

I guess they're not as much of a ripoff as those First Premier credit cards though... Annual fee, no rewards, 36% interest rate, initiation fee, foreign transaction fee. 

I agree, however just three years ago I actually applied for a Wells Visa, and was turned down due to credit.  At that time, I would have been 'tickled pink' to have been approved even at their highest rate.

Around a year after that denial, I got an 'offer' from USAA and I gave it a whirl, and the rest is history.  The irony isn't lost to me that Wells once turned me down, and now I'm turning them down... LOL.  Smiley Very Happy

Sounds good to me Unc!!!!

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 11 of 16
ddemari
Super Contributor

Hey it's awesome to get 2 prequals from Wells Fargo! Those are pretty legit, I get them on login in for a secured card lol.
Message 12 of 16
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

My partner was approved for $10k with his pre-approved offer that was 18 months 0% then 22.24%.

It was not instant, it went to review.

We don't bank with Wells anymore but he does have a $16,200 Credit Line that we have had for years.

Message 13 of 16
UncleB
Credit Mentor

I think it's notable that the Wells Fargo offers seem to not be identical for everyone, and I agree completely that they need to 'step it up' if they really want folks to 'bite'. 

Perhaps maybe some day Wells will decide to get more aggressive in their offerings... for now it seems like they just want to say they are in the 'card business' without really having their heart in it.

Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

woohoo. crappy apr or not, glad u are getting more offers. u are doing quite well uncleB!

@UncleB wrote:

I think it's notable that the Wells Fargo offers seem to not be identical for everyone, and I agree completely that they need to 'step it up' if they really want folks to 'bite'. 

Perhaps maybe some day Wells will decide to get more aggressive in their offerings... for now it seems like they just want to say they are in the 'card business' without really having their heart in it.

Message 15 of 16
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

woohoo. crappy apr or not, glad u are getting more offers. u are doing quite well uncleB!

Thanks so much my friend; just year or so ago this Propel offering would have really gotten my attention!  Smiley Happy

I'm still curious why they aren't marketing their new 1.5% card more aggressively.  Very peculiar...

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.