tag
Ron1
Super Contributor

Re: New Year CLI Gift !!!!!!

Here is the confirmation email:

Best Buy
Best Buy

Dear Valued Best Buy Cardmember, 

Congratulations! Your credit limit increase request has been approved. Your new credit limit has been increased to $31600.00 at your request. You can begin to shop using your new credit limit immediately. 

Thank you for using Online Customer Care. For additional account information, please sign in to Online Customer Care 

Sincerely,
Best Buy Card Customer Care 

HSBC Credit Card
HSBC Credit Card
 Account Alert: Credit Line Increase
Dear Ron1, 

Congratulations! We are pleased to inform you that your request for a credit limit increase on your Account has been approved. Effective immediately, we have increased your credit limit to $14,000.00. 

You will receive a letter of confirmation within 10 days. 

We appreciate your business. 

Sincerely, 

HSBC Credit Card Customer Care 

Costco
Costco
Dear Valued Costco Cardmember, 

Congratulations! Your credit limit increase request has been approved. Your new credit limit has been increased to $8500.00 at your request. You can begin to shop using your new credit limit immediately. 

Thank you for using Online Customer Care. For additional account information, please sign in to Online Customer Care 

Sincerely,
Costco Card Customer Care 

Message 11 of 17
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

@Ron1 wrote:

@bichonmom wrote:

Congrats, Ron! What is the cap one costco card? Is that Amex?

Cap1/Costco Card is a store card just like Sam's Club Credit. It is not Costco Amex. It is not advertised. You have to apply inside the store. Here is link to pay online:

http://www.hrsaccount.com/costco

Ron.

Interesting. I called my Costco and they haven't heard of it. Looks like its no longer offered. 

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 12 of 17
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Ron1 wrote:

Here is the confirmation email:

Best Buy
Best Buy
Dear Valued Best Buy Cardmember, 

Congratulations! Your credit limit increase request has been approved. Your new credit limit has been increased to $31600.00 at your request. You can begin to shop using your new credit limit immediately. 

Sincerely,
Best Buy Card Customer Care 

WOW WOW WOW.... So what I never quote understand and wish someone REALLY knew and or we could start a seperate thread... but HSBC and now Capital One is never really been known for Credit Lines over the $15-$20k and for SURE not above $30k... How oes that come to happen, especially in the case of HSBC being known for mostly rebuilders and terrible credit... How does a company like Best Buy decide to go with HSBC and work out what kind of limits and levels of credit they want to serve?

it's like when HSBC bought Neiman Marcus Credit... Those Credit Lines are often seen in the $100k+ and sometimes literally no limit (They do after all sell Private Jets!) LOL

So does the company say this is what you want for our customers, this is what we currently offer and give and we will cover (percentage of write offs) or... 

and sorry for thread jack and congrats on an amazing Credit Line that makes me want to remodel a $10 million dollar house with those new SUPER high end appliances they sell now... of course I should watch my "Super High End" Trump might think differently on high end! haha

Message 13 of 17
Ron1
Super Contributor

@bichonmom wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

@bichonmom wrote:

Cap1/Costco Card is a store card just like Sam's Club Credit. It is not Costco Amex. It is not advertised. You have to apply inside the store. Here is link to pay online:

Ron.

Interesting. I called my Costco and they haven't heard of it. Looks like its no longer offered. 

I think they still have it. It is  not popular like Costco Amex. They had to dig through the drawer to find me old apps to apply. They called them manager to find the apps for me to apply.

Ron. 

Message 14 of 17
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Ron1 wrote:

@bichonmom wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

@bichonmom wrote:

Ron.

I think they still have it. It is  not popular like Costco Amex. They had to dig through the drawer to find me old apps to apply. They called them manager to find the apps for me to apply.

Ron. 

It is offered it just is old and not really talked about and they can't display about it because of the newer improved American Express Costco! This was back in 2007 I think I had the business card of this for a little while and my Costco knew nothing, and managers said no just amex, we don't do anything with HSBC or just have a store card... took months to find one person here on the board that knew about it and had an app... even after i got card, I don't think I ever had 1 person at costco know about it!

kind of sad because I think it is VERY easy to get compared to costco amex.

Message 15 of 17
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

I'm going to ask them about it the next time I go to the store. (not that i need another cc! Smiley Surprised )

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 16 of 17
Ron1
Super Contributor

@bichonmom wrote:

I'm going to ask them about it the next time I go to the store. (not that i need another cc! Smiley Surprised )

It is not really useful unless you forget to bring your Amex cards. Smiley Happy

Ron.

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.