Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Year, Newly Rehabbed Credit

tag
aceofspades25
Valued Member

New Year, Newly Rehabbed Credit

An unexpected death in the family late this summer caused me to rack up quite a bit of credit card debt and watched my FICO's plumet (new kid on the block, thin file).  I finally paid off all debt last week (!!) and have really enjoyed watching my scores rebound as my balances report to the CRA's.  Back above 730 and still have 2 balances left to clear in the in week... feels good Smiley Happy

Hope everyone else 2014 credit goals are looking good!

Goal for 2014: Chase Freedom! (& maybe a Duck)

Starting Score (3/1/13): 602 MYFICO - Current Score (1/19/14): 735 EQ FICO, 732 TU Credit Monitor, ??? EXP
GOAL: 750 Across the board
In pocket $1500 CapOne Quicksilver, $2500 PPExtras, $5000 Discover IT, $750 VS, $250 Loft, $1500 WalMartCC, $1300 Nordstrom
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: New Year, Newly Rehabbed Credit

Sorry for your lose stay strong 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 5
baller4life
Super Contributor

Congrats!!

Message 3 of 5
otter69
New Contributor

@aceofspades25 wrote:

An unexpected death in the family late this summer caused me to rack up quite a bit of credit card debt and watched my FICO's plumet (new kid on the block, thin file).  I finally paid off all debt last week (!!) and have really enjoyed watching my scores rebound as my balances report to the CRA's.  Back above 730 and still have 2 balances left to clear in the in week... feels good Smiley Happy

Hope everyone else 2014 credit goals are looking good!

Goal for 2014: Chase Freedom! (& maybe a Duck)

Sorry to hear about your loss. Glad to hear you are doing better.

You may want a second opinion, but I think your scores are good enough to join us in the duck pond... or in the adjacent beaver dam.

I don't do senior citizen activities like Bingo, needlepoint, shuffleboard, square dancing, and ABSOLUTELY NO GARDENING!
Message 4 of 5
aceofspades25
Valued Member

Thanks everyone, I appreciate the support & condolences.

Otter - I think you may be right, but (surprisingly) being app free for awhile and watching my AAoA grow every months has become almost more addicting that getting "Appoved" messages for CC apps.  I'm thinking of sitting tight until most of my inquiries hit their 1 year mark in April, then app'ing.  The prospect of a large credit limit is tempting to use as leverage for CLI's & my Chase app in the future.  I don't want to app for Chase until I know for sure I won't be given a toy limit.    My thinner file makes me nervous.  

Starting Score (3/1/13): 602 MYFICO - Current Score (1/19/14): 735 EQ FICO, 732 TU Credit Monitor, ??? EXP
GOAL: 750 Across the board
In pocket $1500 CapOne Quicksilver, $2500 PPExtras, $5000 Discover IT, $750 VS, $250 Loft, $1500 WalMartCC, $1300 Nordstrom
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.