Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Years spree complete

tag
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

Re: New Years spree complete

@wacdenney wrote:

So I just finished up a new years app spree.  My scores have definately taken a big hit from all the HPs and the drop in my AAoA.  Definately time to lay low for awhile.

I had a good run though...  I added a Bank Americard Cash Rewards Visa, a Citi Diamond Preffered MC, a Georgia's Own Credit Union Platinum Visa, and the Sportsman's Guide Rewards Visa.  I also closed my old Merrick Bank Visa and ordered me a Capital One Image Card.  Still waiting to see if my image will be approved.

I am still carrying a balance on both my Cap One cards from Christmas that I intend to get transferred over to the new 0% intro on the Citi card.  After that I am DONE till the end of 2015.  Nothing left to do now but resist the urge to apply for new lines and carefully select SP CLIs every 6 months.  Wish me luck!

CongratsSmiley Happy on your app spree

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 21 of 31
pokerpro
Frequent Contributor

wacdenney

congrats

what is that sportsman guide visa ?

benefits ?

BK7 Discharge: October 2004 Starting Score: 590 March 2018 EQ & EX & TU FICO Score: 846 & 847 & 850

Goal Score: 800+ across the board | Goals Hit: 3 Active Cards: 2

Gardening Since: October 2015 Garden Goal: Oct 2018

Wish List: | None

Message 22 of 31
wacdenney
Valued Contributor

@pokerpro wrote:

wacdenney

congrats

what is that sportsman guide visa ?

benefits ?

The benefit for me is that it's my highest Cl with only a SP.  There is plenty of info available on the forum conserning the Sportsman's Guide Visa and the shopping cart trick.  It's generally instant approval with an EQ soft pull and the starting limits are very generous.

You do earn rewards for the Sportsman's Guide website, but to be honest the rate is kindof high and I will likely never use the card for the rewards.  If I had know what I know now, I would have probably went for the TotalRewards Visa instead as it is a similar card also issued by Comenity Bank and I would actually use the rewards it offers.

Just search for Sportsman's Guide Visa Shopping cart and you will find plenty of info.

Message 23 of 31
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats on your successful spree Smiley Happy

Message 24 of 31
pokerpro
Frequent Contributor

soft pull for a brand new account

interesting

BK7 Discharge: October 2004 Starting Score: 590 March 2018 EQ & EX & TU FICO Score: 846 & 847 & 850

Goal Score: 800+ across the board | Goals Hit: 3 Active Cards: 2

Gardening Since: October 2015 Garden Goal: Oct 2018

Wish List: | None

Message 25 of 31
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

@Themanwhocan wrote:

@wacdenney wrote:

I honestly do not know what the image on that card is supposed to be.  That is one card that I REALLY wish had an option to customize!

The round part looks like it's supposed to be some sortof green lizard's eye with the eyeball being the planet earth.  At least that's what it looks like to me.  Whatever it's supposed to be, it's ugly!

I did a little workup of what the paypal card might look like if they approve the image.  I assume they will add some of their own branding in one of the corners and I'm not sure where exactly that would go yet so I might end up shifting the glowing PayPal right or left to avoid whatever they put.  Does anyone know if you can use the companies own logo on a card?

Hmm. Sounds like a Green Dragon ball. Strange to find that on a Gocu card.

Lolol sorry just had to appreciate that comment!

But congrats OP Smiley Happy now it's gardening time to grow those babies!

Message 26 of 31
clocktick
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your new cards!  I saw you were declined by Chase.  Are you thinking of doing a recon with them?  Which card was it?

11/30/08 TU 648 EX 672 EQ 656 SEPT 2014 TU 787 EX 789 EQ ???
Amex BCP $24.1K/Clear $8.5- Sallie Mae $27.5 -Cap One QS $7.5 - Chase Freedom $7.5/United $5k/CSP $20k/Ink- Citi DP $9.5/Dividend $13k/HHHx2 $15k/16.4/Reserve $4.5k Best Buy $1940 HD $1701- Discover IT $15k - Elan $8k GEMB Lowes $20k - Macy's $2k - Kohl's $800

Starting Score: 648
Current Score: 736
Goal Score: 765

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 27 of 31
wacdenney
Valued Contributor

@clocktick wrote:

Congrats on your new cards!  I saw you were declined by Chase.  Are you thinking of doing a recon with them?  Which card was it?

I honestly do not remember at this point, but I believe I applied for the Freedom.  I honestly hadn't considered doing a recon, and at this point several of the new cards are already reporting so I kindof doubt a recon would work.  How long do you have after the denial to ask for a recon?

Message 28 of 31
wacdenney
Valued Contributor

Thank you all for the congratualtion replies.  It's been an exciting month!  I will miss all the excitement for sure.

Message 29 of 31
clocktick
Valued Contributor

I think 30 days but I could be wrong!  It can't hurt if they look at the same pull they already had done.

11/30/08 TU 648 EX 672 EQ 656 SEPT 2014 TU 787 EX 789 EQ ???
Amex BCP $24.1K/Clear $8.5- Sallie Mae $27.5 -Cap One QS $7.5 - Chase Freedom $7.5/United $5k/CSP $20k/Ink- Citi DP $9.5/Dividend $13k/HHHx2 $15k/16.4/Reserve $4.5k Best Buy $1940 HD $1701- Discover IT $15k - Elan $8k GEMB Lowes $20k - Macy's $2k - Kohl's $800

Starting Score: 648
Current Score: 736
Goal Score: 765

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 30 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.