cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New accounts, Score decreases, HELP!!!

tag
ArisGreek
Frequent Contributor

Re: New accounts, Score decreases, HELP!!!

Your Nordstrom card doesn't report a credit line, only a balance, so you can't factor that into utilization because the calculation isn't included unless it's a TU score -

===========
TU: 745(TU98) | EQ: 774 | EX: ? | NO BADDIES!
What's in my wallet? AMEX Platinum, United Presidential Plus World Elite MC, AMEX JetBlue, Nordstrom Visa Sig, Chase Sapphire Preferred, Discover More, AMEX Zync, Citi AAdvantage Plat Select Visa, Banana Republic, Home Depot
Message 11 of 24
lovely222
Regular Contributor

@ArisGreek wrote:

Your Nordstrom card doesn't report a credit line, only a balance, so you can't factor that into utilization because the calculation isn't included unless it's a TU score -

I'm actually confused about this because when I look at my reports, it does in fact report an incorrect limit. When I spoke with a Chase CSR they said that my limit was reporting as 1k and in it fact was. I am supposed to call Nordstrom about this. From reading the forums, I thought it didn't, but each of my reports, there is a limit reporting. 

6/13: FICO TU (Walmart): 750
6/13: FICO EQ (Score Watch): 769
Goal: 780+, 0 Balances, No app'ing! (For real this time!!!)
Message 12 of 24
lovely222
Regular Contributor

@JayRizzo wrote:

I hope my fellow member doesn't mind me recapping a snippet of their post regarding Barclays and EX inquiries:

Regular Contributor
Re: Barclays closed my account... 

Here is the update:

My account was closed due to the amount of new INQs I have on EX after the barclays account was approved. The guy from their portfolio credit dept or whatever it called, said my account was due for a review on the 17th....The thing is, I been trying to stay away from creditors that pull TU, but Barclays caught me on my EX report. I had to ask him which CR they looked at, and he did confirm it was EX. So there you go. If you have a Barclays card. They will soft you on TU and EX and possibly even EQ.

@Anonymous's interesting, I re-read this post before I posted the first time, and @MyCreditStinks' initial impression was that they closed it due to a high limit or because he didn't buy an Apple product (which actually makes the most sense logically because then he would have violated the terms since it is really supposed to finance a particular item). Hopefully, this is the case of a CSR not knowing what their talking about and my account will be fine. Will update if anything happens. Smiley Tongue

Message 13 of 24
JayRizzo
Established Contributor

Lovely222, I hope everything will be fine.  It was not a CSR at Barclays, it's a department called Portfolio Credit Unit and you speak directly to the the head of that department.  I experienced the same thing with my Priceline Visa, so it has nothing to do with the type of card, the purchases, or your utilization.  They closed mine because my AutoLease came to an end and I financed the vehicle through the same company which pulled a single hard inquiry on my TU.  I fought a good fight with the Executive Office of Barclays Bank and even published their number for other users who were suddenly closed, but in the end we're all told the same thing... we applied for something soon after they approved.  Probably after 6 months, things would have been okay, but I didn't have a choice because my lease ended.

Message 14 of 24
lovely222
Regular Contributor

That's unfortunate. All I can do now is wait and see. Either way, I only wanted this card to finance the computer. If they close it, it's not that serious to me.

Message 15 of 24
OnWayUpinTexas
Regular Contributor

@JayRizzo wrote:

Lovely222, I hope everything will be fine.  It was not a CSR at Barclays, it's a department called Portfolio Credit Unit and you speak directly to the the head of that department.  I experienced the same thing with my Priceline Visa, so it has nothing to do with the type of card, the purchases, or your utilization.  They closed mine because my AutoLease came to an end and I financed the vehicle through the same company which pulled a single hard inquiry on my TU.  I fought a good fight with the Executive Office of Barclays Bank and even published their number for other users who were suddenly closed, but in the end we're all told the same thing... we applied for something soon after they approved.  Probably after 6 months, things would have been okay, but I didn't have a choice because my lease ended.

That's terrible and scary, Jay!  I will say, just to compare stories, OP, I applied and was approved for a $1500 Barclay's Apple Financing Visa last November, bought our new Mac within a few days of receipt of the card, and at the end of this week will have paid nearly half of it off.  I also APPLIED for and received an Amex Zync card, Chase Continental Airlines World MasterCard, Dillard's Amex card, and a PSECU Visa/LOC within a few days to a few weeks AFTER applying for my Barclaycard.  Not a peep from Barclay's (or Amex or anyone else, so far ...) about inquiries.  (I stopped apping, by the way, after PSECU -- it's been almost two months now.)  I suppose if Barclay's closed my account, I would be disappointed but would live.  As you know, it's a 0% interest card right now on that Apple computer, but I don't use it for ANYTHING else because the regular interested rate is 22.99%!!! Smiley Indifferent

Starting Score: 542 (in 2006)
Current Score: 661 (TU FICO), 677 (EQ FICO), 672 (EX FICO)
Goal Score: 750+
Message 16 of 24
orl2185
Established Contributor

@lovely222 wrote:

I remember that, but I'm pretty sure it was because that person didn't buy an Apple product. Which I thankfully did, whew. Also, Barclay pulls TU while the other INQs are on EX. Thanks though!

No relevancy there. I've had juniper itunes visa3 years with cli every 8 months or so. Never purchased any item from apple on my card. CL started 2.5 curently 12k.

Message 17 of 24
lovely222
Regular Contributor

@OnWayUpinTexas wrote:

That's terrible and scary, Jay!  I will say, just to compare stories, OP, I applied and was approved for a $1500 Barclay's Apple Financing Visa last November, bought our new Mac within a few days of receipt of the card, and at the end of this week will have paid nearly half of it off.  I also APPLIED for and received an Amex Zync card, Chase Continental Airlines World MasterCard, Dillard's Amex card, and a PSECU Visa/LOC within a few days to a few weeks AFTER applying for my Barclaycard.  Not a peep from Barclay's (or Amex or anyone else, so far ...) about inquiries.  (I stopped apping, by the way, after PSECU -- it's been almost two months now.)  I suppose if Barclay's closed my account, I would be disappointed but would live.  As you know, it's a 0% interest card right now on that Apple computer, but I don't use it for ANYTHING else because the regular interested rate is 22.99%!!! Smiley Indifferent

I hope this is the same thing that happens to me! We will see! So far, not a peep from any of my new or existing credit. 

Message 18 of 24
lovely222
Regular Contributor

@orl2185 wrote:

@lovely222 wrote:

I remember that, but I'm pretty sure it was because that person didn't buy an Apple product. Which I thankfully did, whew. Also, Barclay pulls TU while the other INQs are on EX. Thanks though!

No relevancy there. I've had juniper itunes visa3 years with cli every 8 months or so. Never purchased any item from apple on my card. CL started 2.5 curently 12k.

I'm pretty sure the iTunes card is different though and is not used specifically for financing. That's why I didn't apply for that one. Who really knows though. Just have to wait and see at this point. 

Points with every purchase
  • Earn two iTunes points for every dollar you spend at any Apple Store (online, retail, or by phone) or the iTunes Store.3
  • Earn one iTunes point for every dollar you spend everywhere else.3
  • Get 1,000 bonus points with your second purchase.3
  • Receive a $25 iTunes Gift Card when you reach 2,500 points.4
  • Low introductory APR on balance transfers.5
  • No annual fee.2
Message 19 of 24
kwoods1
Valued Member

@OnWayUpinTexas wrote:

@JayRizzo wrote:

Hi, I also applied for a received a couple of additional cards to the Barclay's card back at the end of November/beginning of December.  I haven't seen anything, yet, but I'm coming up on two months.  I'll keep you posted if I have anything happen.

Starting Score: 690 - EQ, 771 - TU
Current Score: 690 - EQ, 771 - TU
Goal Score: 750+ on all 3 bureaus

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.