Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New amex pcb

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

New amex pcb

Hi

I just got my first statement on my amex PCB does anyone know when will this show up on my credit report?
17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: New amex pcb

do you mean the BCP? (blue cash preferred)
but, regardless of amex product, it usually takes around 2-3 statements. they really aren't in much rush (even if it's being used)
i think i saw one contributor on here go 6 statements before reporting (but that isn't the norm, of course)

YMMV
Message 2 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah... oops

That's a bummer. They just approved me for a $5k limit. None the less, my statement was $600 should I pay it off in total or leave a little balance. I prefer to pay it, but what helps my credit score?
Message 3 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

none of those will help your credit score right now as it won't be reporting anything. if this is your only card then i wouldn't let more than about 5% report but if you have other cards then pay them all off and let one card report 1-9% for "optimal" scoring.
Message 4 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a discover card with a 1k cl
I pay it off multiple times a month. But my bad luck every time the statement cuts it's at 7-800$ this month I made sure it was low and it reported a balance of $200. So with my amex I should keep it at 5% and pay my discover off totally?

Sorry I'm new to the usa I am still learning.
Message 5 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Also maybe u can help me, my TU was at 650 (this was my first score) then because of a 70% balance it dropped to 594. Now that I reported a balance of 200$ it didn't change!! My EQ is stable at 620. I tried the simulator once I report the amex card my score shoots up to 690. I also have a car loan at 19% but paI'd twice alreary. I'm trying to get my credit score up so I can refinance at the time the first time car buyer loan from chrysler seemed like a good idea, but after looking around my interest rate is super high!
Message 6 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

doesn't matter which one you want to report but just have them all paid except one and let that one report 1-9%

where are you getting your scores from? some scoring models are sensitive on different things and it could be misleading. granted the high utilization would lower them but, once paid down, they should go back up some (providing nothing else on your report changed)
Message 7 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit karma. Nothing else changed besides the one inquiry from amex.
Message 8 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

CK is a FAKO (vantage score 3.0) and they're ULTRA new account sensitive and inquiry sensitive. they have me at EQ 601 and TU 625 (fico for those is 672 and 695) so they are way off. they don't like my new accounts but fico doesn't hate them as bad
Message 9 of 18
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Yeah... oops

That's a bummer. They just approved me for a $5k limit. None the less, my statement was $600 should I pay it off in total or leave a little balance. I prefer to pay it, but what helps my credit score?

(1) Do you have a 0% APR? 

(2) Are you constrained for money? 

If the answer to both of the above is "No", then pay off the entire $600 in full. "Leaving a balance unpaid" can only incur interest (when not a 0% APR) and does nothing to boost your score. 

As others have said, AMEX may take a couple of months to report. But suppose yours reports this month. Then it will show a 12% utilization ($600 balance on $5k limit). Ideally (for best scores) you'd want to have all cards reporting $0 except one, which should report <10%. So suppose you wanted this card to report balance. Then pay all of the others to zero before they report. For most banks, it is the statement day or couple of days after that, when they report the statement balance. For some banks, like US Bank, the reporting date is the last business day of the month, when they report the current balance. 

So if the BCP is the reporting card, use it however much you want. Before the due date, pay off all of the last statement's due, and then before the statement cuts, pay down the current balance to less than $500. 

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.