Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New and Improved BofA Preapproval Tool

tag
sengpatt
Regular Contributor

New and Improved BofA Preapproval Tool

So a while ago people discovered a BofA preapproval tool which didn't seem to work very well. Today, however, I logged in to me BofA account and noticed the little box in the left-hand corner had a link to "Check for prequalified credit card offers."

I thought it might have just been the same thing as before, but it seems like it is an actual preapproval tool! Rather than getting the same 3 cards over and over again, it gave me personalized recommendations (e.g. BofA Alaska Airlines Visa) and, even better, targeted sign-up offers (e.g. $150 back after $500 spend vs. normal $100 for Cash Rewards + Travel Rewards).

I probably won't bite, but it's good to know that they have reworked this aspect of the website. Unfortunately, I don't know if it's only available to existing BofA customers or if it's open to everyone.

EX: 758 (10/12), TU: ???, EQ: ???

BankAmericard Travel Rewards // Citi Forward // Amex Blue Cash Preferred // Gap Visa
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
SwiftTone
Valued Contributor

Re: New and Improved BofA Preapproval Tool

I logged in and tried to find the link on my accounts overview page and couldn't find it. It's probably targetted which is good because it has more weight as a pre-approval
AMEX: $25,000, CSR: $10,000, Chase Priority Club: $1,500, Freedom: $5000, Freedom Unlimited: $1000, Discover: $21,000, BoA $11,000, WF Cash Wise: $5000

EQ FICO - 753
TU FICO - 755
EX FICO(AMEX) - 766
Message 2 of 5
john398
Senior Contributor

@SwiftTone wrote:
I logged in and tried to find the link on my accounts overview page and couldn't find it. It's probably targetted which is good because it has more weight as a pre-approval

I think you can try this link

https://offers.bankofamerica.com/specialoffers/AllOffers.aspx

Message 3 of 5
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@SwiftTone wrote:

Did you scroll down towards the bottom of your overview page? If so, does it show a section for Special Offers & New Accounts? Mine includes a link to "View your Special Offers."

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 4 of 5
SwiftTone
Valued Contributor

@john398 and inuviel. the "view your special offers" option is the same as before. Nothing has changed for me. I don't see anything about pre-approved offers etc.

AMEX: $25,000, CSR: $10,000, Chase Priority Club: $1,500, Freedom: $5000, Freedom Unlimited: $1000, Discover: $21,000, BoA $11,000, WF Cash Wise: $5000

EQ FICO - 753
TU FICO - 755
EX FICO(AMEX) - 766
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.