cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New card now, new address in 3 months, problems ahead?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

New card now, new address in 3 months, problems ahead?

I want to app for a Performance Bicycle Rewards Mastercard before I move in a few months as I've been at my current address for 10 years. If I app & get approved for the card & register a change of address in a couple of months will Juniper get leery & reduce credit or maybe even close the account? What say the mob? Smiley Happy
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
chartley3
Frequent Contributor

Re: New card now, new address in 3 months, problems ahead?

I dont see where it will raise a red flag with them. As long as the income doesnt drop you should be fine.
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you haven't already, I'd suggest you sign up for eStatements to avoid your statements going to the wrong address or missing them altogether.

If you're moving though, I'd just give them a call and ask a supervisor.
*Hint, if you get some who sounds incompetent, just ask for a supervisor to double-check their answer.

I honestly don't think it will have any impact on your CL or spark a large-scale investigation, on the other hand though, it might be good to ask because when it comes to money, it's better safe than sorry.
Message 3 of 7
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

If you get a new card and before even making purchases on it move the account and then try to make large purchase, it will throw a flag up... but if you get the card and don't move it for 3 months, you should be fine.  and it's nothing that a verification security call can't fix.

Message Edited by Creditaddict on 07-07-2008 12:24 PM
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I move all the time and never had a problem. Only had Citi, & Macy's for 3 months and DH's Hooters for 2 months before moving the last time and no problems (one day we'll settle down and buy a house Smiley Wink)
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks all, I apped & was instantly approved for $2,000. Smiley Happy They denied me just this past January. Last August I started off with an HSBC for $500 which they refuse to ever CLI, then a Cap One which is stuck forever at $1,000. A Hooters in January at $2,800, last week a new Mobile Gas Card backed by Citi for $1,000. Next week I'm closing the HSBC & will NOT app for another year at least. Smiley Happy

Message Edited by DavidLee on 07-07-2008 08:10 PM
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your approvals, DavidLee!
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.