Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New cards and CL's - Fidelity WTH? - update

tag
GatorGuy
Valued Contributor

New cards and CL's - Fidelity WTH? - update

So I applied for the Navy Federal Flagship Rewards, Penfed VISA Platinum Cash Rewards and Fidelity Rewards American Express all at the same time. I got approved for the following CLs:

Navy Federal: $40k

Penfed: $20k

Fidelity: $1k

I have never been approved for such a low credit limit, even after coming out right after college. Is there something that I'm missing with these people? When I called and talked to card services she couldn't tell me anything, but just they make their decisions based off a variety of factors, blah blah blah.

Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: New cards and CL's - Fidelity WTH?

Message 2 of 29
dodfire
Valued Contributor

OUCH!!!!!!

But congrats on the other 2

*8/10/13
Message 3 of 29
GatorGuy
Valued Contributor

I have no idea. I did apply with them last. And I have two car loans in the last month along with the other two card applications. But that just seems absurd. I wish I could get the HP back.

Message 4 of 29
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
Wow! Are they inq/acct sensitive?

i was just going to ask the same thing...i think you can call UW and try to recon your limit right?

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 5 of 29
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Jeez! I was thinking about apping with them. Now I'm scared.
Message 6 of 29
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
Jeez! I was thinking about apping with them. Now I'm scared.

same here Lex! i was debating for either the AMEX of Visa siggy....now not sure.

Message 7 of 29
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

Sounds like BoA/FIA to a T!

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 8 of 29
GatorGuy
Valued Contributor

What number would I call to recon a credit limit? I asked the CSR but she didn't give me that as an option. I have an income which puts me in the highest tax bracket and my fico is 777.

Message 9 of 29
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

i think its under FIA...should be on the backdoor numbers list.

Message 10 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.