Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New cards and CL's - Fidelity WTH? - update

tag
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: New cards and CL's - Fidelity WTH?

@dodgerslv

I know! If they are anywhere being that sensitive I'll think I'll pass.

There was another post about getting sp CLI's really fast. Like 3 in 2 mos. I'll try and find the thread
Message 11 of 29
dodfire
Valued Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
@dodgerslv

There was another post about getting sp CLI's really fast. Like 3 in 2 mos. I'll try and find the thread

Ahem!!! Do I hear someone heading out the gate?

*8/10/13
Message 12 of 29
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
@dodgerslv

yeah i remember reading that thread. He went like from 2000 to 10000 in like 2 months and was going to ask for 15k next month i think.  Its funny, i got an email from them today inviting me to apply for the amex card...lol

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 13 of 29
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 15 of 29
GatorGuy
Valued Contributor

I called and talked to a credit analyst. She asked me what credit limit I was looking for and I told her $30k. She asked why I wanted that much and I told her I was looking at replacing capital one as my daily card. I was told that due to too many credit inquires 2 for credit cards and 2 for car loans, that they thought I was looking for too much credit. She also said my debt to income was high which is because of medical school loans. The only other debt is mortgage. I think that excuse is just BS. Thanks for nothing Fidelity. Maybe I'll get some quick CLI's.

Message 16 of 29
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

@GatorGuy wrote:

I called and talked to a credit analyst. She asked me what credit limit I was looking for and I told her $30k. She asked why I wanted that much and I told her I was looking at replacing capital one as my daily card. I was told that due to too many credit inquires 2 for credit cards and 2 for car loans, that they thought I was looking for too much credit. She also said my debt to income was high which is because of medical school loans. The only other debt is mortgage. I think that excuse is just BS. Thanks for nothing Fidelity. Maybe I'll get some quick CLI's.

sorry about not being able to recon but im sure you can get that card to grow quickly.

Message 17 of 29
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

On boy! I'm not so sure about this one.

dodgerslv, are you still going for it?
Message 18 of 29
HiLine
Blogger

BofA is usually very good with credit limits. Could it be you already have too much credit with them? 2 car loans and a mortgage is quite some debt, from an underwriter's perspective.

If you decide to try recon again, perhaps don't ask for 30 times the current limit ...

Message 19 of 29
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
On boy! I'm not so sure about this one.

dodgerslv, are you still going for it?

i dont know now...I was leaning towards their visa siggy and they do take into consideration the limits that you have with BofA if you carry their cards. I have 18000 in available credit with BofA already so i dont know if they will be able to give me a nice limit or even a limit at all.

Message 20 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.