09Lexie

Re: New cards and CL's - Fidelity WTH?

Valued Contributor
dodgerslv

09Lexie wrote:
If I apped, it would be my first BoA cc.

then your chances would be good that they start you off with a nice limit. And if you do have quite a bit invested with them then you can easily get 10k with them to start...:smileyhappy:

Cards: (Citi- 82.7k) (Chase- 65k)) (US Bank- 18k) (Amex- 22.5k) (Barclays-40k) (BofA- 68k) (Cap1- 49.5K) (WF- 11k) (Penfed- 22.5k) (Discover- 8k) (Sync/GE- 15.7k) (NASA- 30k) (Diners- 15k)
Fico 08 scores (8/27/14) EX: 772 TU: 767 EQ: 778 (Utilization at 8% right now).

New Contributor
GatorGuy

HiLine wrote:

BofA is usually very good with credit limits. Could it be you already have too much credit with them? 2 car loans and a mortgage is quite some debt, from an underwriter's perspective.

If you decide to try recon again, perhaps don't ask for 30 times the current limit ...

I don't have any other debt or cards through them. This was the first. I realized now that maybe I would have gotten something if I had asked for less but she asked me that right at the beginning. I was hoping it was a mistake or something.

If women didn't exist, all the money in the world would have no meaning. -- Aristotle
Starting Score: 777
Current Score:  761
Goal Score:      800
09Lexie

You could always try again. I guess they don't do the counteroffer thing.
Valued Contributor
dodgerslv

GatorGuy wrote:

HiLine wrote:

BofA is usually very good with credit limits. Could it be you already have too much credit with them? 2 car loans and a mortgage is quite some debt, from an underwriter's perspective.

If you decide to try recon again, perhaps don't ask for 30 times the current limit ...

I don't have any other debt or cards through them. This was the first. I realized now that maybe I would have gotten something if I had asked for less but she asked me that right at the beginning. I was hoping it was a mistake or something.

honestly, asking to go from a 1000 approval to 30K is alot! I would think you could have told them 10k or even 5k just to get a decent limit in the door and then grow from there. Well, you got approved so the HP didnt go to waste.

Cards: (Citi- 82.7k) (Chase- 65k)) (US Bank- 18k) (Amex- 22.5k) (Barclays-40k) (BofA- 68k) (Cap1- 49.5K) (WF- 11k) (Penfed- 22.5k) (Discover- 8k) (Sync/GE- 15.7k) (NASA- 30k) (Diners- 15k)
Fico 08 scores (8/27/14) EX: 772 TU: 767 EQ: 778 (Utilization at 8% right now).

New Contributor
GatorGuy

Re: New cards and CL's - Fidelity WTH? - update

I called again and got an increase to $5k. I guess its something to work with.

If women didn't exist, all the money in the world would have no meaning. -- Aristotle
Blogger
HiLine

Congrats!!! They did give me a 6X CLI one time, so hopefully that's a vote of confidence. :smileywink:
New Contributor
GatorGuy

HiLine wrote:
Congrats!!! They did give me a 6X CLI one time, so hopefully that's a vote of confidence. :smileywink:

Haha, would LOVE that but I won't be counting on that with how our relationship is starting. Anyways, thanks for the advice guys. Sometimes you just have to work with what a company will give you.

riohyannisny

I called and spoke with a credit analyst because I was given the we will contact you about our decision in 10 days message. He put me on hold for a few minutes and came back saying thank you and it looks like you have managed your credit quite well. I am approving you with an ICL of $7500. I thanked him and hung up. I thought about it and decided to call back. I told the CSR I was recently approved for $7500 but wanted to replace my AMEX PR Gold which I currently charge between twelve and fifteen thousand dollars a month on. She put me on hold and then came back and ask about some old late car and mortgage payments in 2008 and I told her I had a few bumps. She then put me on hold again and came back and said thank you. I have approved your new card limit to $15,000. It will take 48 hours to show because it had to be signed off by the management but that she assured me it was totally all set. I should be receiving the card in the mail shortly. This is my first card with BOA or FIA. 

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}