tag
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: New cards in 2015?

@Themanwhocan wrote:

@nyancat wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Amex hates zync.
Why would they bring back something they loathe?
I bet the group that created the zync card all got fired and went to work for cap one. Smiley Happy

What's with all the emotions on this board? They don't hate it - they found customers didn't want it as it had a poor value proposition so they discontinued it. Though, oddly, it was one of the first Amex cards to get a chip and then one of the first to get chip + contactless. The fact they're keeping the card plastics up to date quickly, especially the contactless one, suggests to me that it will be re-introduced as a higher value proposition product eventually. I look forward to seeing what it is.

Oh GOD, you mean American Express is going to nerf all their cards now? I'm never going to do business with them ever again!!!

... is what I would have said, if I answered with the typical hyperbole and Drama Queen over-reactions that usually follow the mere mention of any opinion or rumor. I mean c'mon, I heard all these doom and gloom nerf complains about US Bank Cash + in 2012. And again in 2013. and again in 2014... Heck we had people worried about the Double Cash card being discontinued back when it was barely a month old! And the Barclay hyperbole... And people who will never shop at Walmart again because they disabled their card chip readers. Hello! Businesses are getting ready for the big conversion to chip cards around the end of 2015 (assuming the rollout isn't delayed), of course they aren't completely ready a year ahead of schedule.

I don't know what 2015 will bring. But I bet the Cash+ card gets nerfed...

Barter was good enough for my great-great-great-great-great-great.......-great-great-grandfather, and it's good enough for me.   Though they will probably nerf that too!

Message 21 of 23
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

Of course they nerfed it. Ten chicken do not equal one goat. They needed a good nerfing!

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 22 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Duncanrr wrote:
Of course they nerfed it. Ten chicken do not equal one goat. They needed a good nerfing!

Smiley LOL

Message 23 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.