Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New cc w/ paid or unpaid charge off w/ same company

tag
nmorton79
Regular Contributor

New cc w/ paid or unpaid charge off w/ same company

Hello All!!

It's been quite a long time since I posted.  I wanted to know (if you don't mind sharing, of course)  anyone had ever been approved for a prime cc after a charge off with that same company whether it was paid or unpaid?  In 2009 I paid off a Citi Plat Select card that had been in their in house collections for a about 5 years..it showed and dropped off of my cr as a chargeoff, but it was never sent to a outside collection agency (thank goodness).  I paid the debt in full, and I would like to one day have the Citi thank you card or the simplicity card, but I am scared to even think about app'ing because of the history.  I have had a perfect payment history for  the last 5 years on the cc's that I have now.  Right now I have a high util (90%) so I'm going to pay everything down my cc's before I even think about app'ing, and I want to get rid of 4 cards (2 orchards, credit one, and emblem) which right now are my 4 oldest cards.  Scores right now are low 600's but hoping when my cards are paid off I will have mid to upper 600 scores.  Thanks in advance for sharing your experiences with me!

Live~Laugh~Love

Starting Score: EQ 401, TU430
Current Score: EQ 501, TU 500
Goal Score: 700+ across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Live~Laugh~Love
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
RussianPassion
Regular Contributor

Re: New cc w/ paid or unpaid charge off w/ same company

I got approved and received 2 CC's from Capital One. Currently there is an open judgement on my record from Capital One for a credit card I had with them 6 years ago or so. Not exactly the same case, but I think it is more extreme. At the same time, I would expect prime CC issuers to be more strict.

Message 2 of 3
clocktick
Valued Contributor

Re: New cc w/ paid or unpaid charge off w/ same company

I apped for an Amex revolving account in Nov. 2011, this past March and May.  All 3 applications were approved and all three pulled EX...which has an Amex (settled for less than full balance) chargeoff still on it from about 7 years ago.

11/30/08 TU 648 EX 672 EQ 656 SEPT 2014 TU 787 EX 789 EQ ???
Amex BCP $24.1K/Clear $8.5- Sallie Mae $27.5 -Cap One QS $7.5 - Chase Freedom $7.5/United $5k/CSP $20k/Ink- Citi DP $9.5/Dividend $13k/HHHx2 $15k/16.4/Reserve $4.5k Best Buy $1940 HD $1701- Discover IT $15k - Elan $8k GEMB Lowes $20k - Macy's $2k - Kohl's $800

Starting Score: 648
Current Score: 736
Goal Score: 765

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.