Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New credit card from Uber 4% on dining

tag
elim
Senior Contributor

Re: New credit card from Uber 4% on dining

Yum... 4% dining / no AF. Nice looking card too!

I have abused Barclay cards for 42 months and have never had AA from them. But, I'm 5 weeks away from 1 year in the garden so I will remain firmly planted. GL to all who apply (and dine out many times a month).   :]

Message 91 of 138
yfan
Valued Contributor

Previous reply deleted after reading links.

It IS interesting that they would have transfer points on a cobranded card, but I doubt those points will transfer at full value to travel partners. 

Message 92 of 138
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Looks like an interesting card, no annual fee, 4% on dining, 3% on airfare and hotels, 2% on online purchases, 1% on everything else, and $50 Uber credit after spending $5,000 each year. There's a $100 sign up bonus if you spend $500 in the first 90 days. It'll be available starting november 2nd and it's underwritten by Barclaycard. Link to card on Uber's website: https://www.uber.com/c/uber-credit-card/

Interesting. I've never used Uber and not likely to, I live in the boonies. But I've been wondering what to do with my Cashforward card w/$10k CL that is sockdrawered with a $9.99 monthly bill going to it to keep it active. 1.5% rewards doesn't cut it anymore and the $50 minimum to redeem rewards really doesn't cut it. But most other Barclay cards are travel cards and I rarely travel. But I see this as a minimum 2% rewards card by using online with the occasional 4% dining and rare 3% hotel/airfare.

I'm leaning toward app'ing for this and move my Cashforward CL to it & close that card.

Message 93 of 138
Anonymous
Not applicable

so let me get this straight..4% dining 3% travel etc.. no AF as well?

and you can redeem for cash back/statement credit as well? This like my dream card lol

Will be applying!
Message 94 of 138
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Just talked to Barclay and PC is a no go lol...all good here

Thats what they said about Sallie Mae, since SM was to go to the new Commence....but yet, some of us, including me, PC'ed to the Arrival no AF Smiley Wink......

But, Arrival is MC network, and Uber is Visa network, so they may not allow it. 

Message 95 of 138
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Just talked to Barclay and PC is a no go lol...all good here

Message 96 of 138
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree this card is not only good looking, but 4% on dining with no annual fee is even more attractive!

Still on edge about Barclays, but will eventually apply or product change to it. Good luck everyone.

Message 97 of 138
galahad15
Valued Contributor

Fascinating card, but I am not interested in apping...I already have multiple cards that earn 2% cashback on all purchases, also most with lower APRs than what Barclays is offering.  Plus my FNBO Travelite already has 3% on travel, 1.5% on everything else, and with no AF.  My 5% category for fast food on my Cash+ covers most of the restaurants that I go to, and I only go out to eat infrequently anyway.

Message 98 of 138
xenon3030
Valued Contributor

Except rotating category CCs, is there any other CC with 4+% on dining? I am highly looking for one dining card.

Also, what is the expected Fico8 for approval on this Barclay card? I do not have prior experience with Barclay. Does it have any specific criteria (e.g. 5/24 of Chase)?

Fico8: EX~EQ~TU~810 (12 month goal~840).
BOA (CCR, UCR), Chase (CFF, CSP, Amazon, CIC, CIU), US Bank (Cash+, AR, Go, Ralphs), Discover, Citi (CCC, DC, SYW), Amex (BCP, HH, Biz Gold, BBC, BBP), Affinity CR, Cap1(Walmart), Barclay View.
Message 99 of 138
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

As far as getting 4% cashback I think there is just one other card that does that and that's it. But there are better earning cards for dining but those are rewards points oriented. Still, great dining card if that's what you're looking for.

Message 100 of 138
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.