Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New credit card from Uber 4% on dining

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: New credit card from Uber 4% on dining

A lot better than I thought it would be like when I first heard about this card a few months ago. I'm currently 4/24 and hoping to get the CSP. Once that goal is accomplished or if Chase turns me down enough this will probably be my next card after that. 

Message 11 of 138
JSS3
Valued Contributor

I have a Barclays rewards(4,000) and Commerce(6,500) formerly Sallie Mae. Barclays auto-denies me without a hard pull every time I apply for the cash forward. The reason given is enough credit with them. They don't like all my new accounts.

I would love this card though...mainly for the cashback on food.
Message 12 of 138
Anonymous
Not applicable

@JSS3 wrote:
I have a Barclays rewards(4,000) and Commerce(6,500) formerly Sallie Mae. Barclays auto-denies me without a hard pull every time I apply for the cash forward. The reason given is enough credit with them. They don't like all my new accounts.

I would love this card though...mainly for the cashback on food.

I acquired 5 credit cards this month, might be too much for Barclay to handle when i apply lol...i might suggest, "what if i close some cards" if i get deny and have to recon. I have no problem closing all my sync cards.  I'll ask them to move some CL from my Arrival + to the Uber card.  I think have a good plan lol

Message 13 of 138
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

Uber Credit Card

https://www.uber.com/c/uber-credit-card/

Not bad for no fee, eh?

Message 14 of 138
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Uber Credit Card

UberweissSmiley Happy
Message 15 of 138
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

Too bad it is issued by Barclays. They would probably see LD you in the middle of an Uber ride, and you would have to pay extra for a trip to the ATM.
NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 16 of 138
JR_TX
Valued Contributor

Everything looked great until it came to the last paragraph of the terms where it says, “The Uber Visa Card is issued by Barclays pursuant to a license by Visa USA Incorporated”.

New cc TLs : 0/6 ; 0/12 ; 0/24 | HPs EX 3 EQ 3 TU 4 | AAoA 7y10m | UTIL 1% - 4% | $300K+ Total Limits

Message 17 of 138
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ahh! come on peepz!! Barclay is not that bad, as long as you don't carry a big balance for many months AND apply like crazy for other cards, you should be fine.  If someone is carrying a balance, they the rewards will get eaten up anyways, not smart.  Unless you have an emergency....

I will be going for it, and despite adding 5 new CCs this month, Barclay can CLD me all they want on my arrival +, it has $0 balance.

Message 18 of 138
sueblue34
Frequent Contributor

I thought the $50 uber credits can only be applied towards amazon prime, spotify ????

Message 19 of 138
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

To me Barclays is too twitchy because seemingly anything can set them off from the stories I've read. If you don't already have a travel card and don't like paying AFs I can see the appeal of this card but for me the Barclays name just ends the race before it even begins.

Message 20 of 138
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.