Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New credit card from Uber 4% on dining

tag
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Uber Credit Card

Nice card... Barclays though lol..  I have never had an issue with them, although I am not immune.  Thankfully I have better CC's already such as costco or csr, etc., but definitely a good CC!  Who knows maybe one day I will get it, but will watch all the other approvals on the side for now when it is released

Message 21 of 138
Anonymous
Not applicable

@sueblue34 wrote:

I thought the $50 uber credits can only be applied towards amazon prime, spotify ????

Yes, you can

Message 22 of 138
Anonymous
Not applicable

@simplynoir wrote:

To me Barclays is too twitchy because seemingly anything can set them off from the stories I've read. If you don't already have a travel card and don't like paying AFs I can see the appeal of this card but for me the Barclays name just ends the race before it even begins.

Lol, not that bad.  Again, the problem starts when people carry big balances for several months and at the same time apply for too many CCs.

If people pay in full every month, there's really nothing to worry about..IMO.

Message 23 of 138
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Nice card... Barclays though lol..  I have never had an issue with them, although I am not immune.  Thankfully I have better CC's already such as costco or csr, etc., but definitely a good CC!  Who knows maybe one day I will get it, but will watch all the other approvals on the side for now when it is released

Hopefully you'll see me coming across the finish line with the card lol

Message 24 of 138
barthooper
Frequent Contributor

Re: New credit card from Uber 4% on dining

I'm intrigued but not enough to add a brand new account I don't think. I wonder if Barclays would be receptive to PCing to this. I've only ever PC'd once, my Sallie Mae to a Barclay Rewards back when there was the spending bonus for doing so.
Quicksilver - 16k | Discover It - 34k | Citi DC - $21k | Chase Amazon - 8k | Chase Reserve - 19.5k | Chase Preferred - 5k | EX FICO (Discover CSC) 788
Message 25 of 138
Anonymous
Not applicable

Stop with the new cards with more cash back than I have now.

I am supposed to be gardening.

Message 26 of 138
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

I love the card...Its neat looking, LOL..I will attempt a PC, just to see if I can do it. My last PC attempt was Sallie Mae to the Arrival (no af version). Ill try just for the sake of trying, hahaSmiley Happy
Message 27 of 138
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pizza1 wrote:
I love the card...Its neat looking, LOL..I will attempt a PC, just to see if I can do it. My last PC attempt was Sallie Mae to the Arrival (no af version). Ill try just for the sake of trying, hahaSmiley Happy

Umm I forgot about PC, I think I’ll try that first with my Arrival.

Message 28 of 138
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@simplynoir wrote:

To me Barclays is too twitchy because seemingly anything can set them off from the stories I've read. If you don't already have a travel card and don't like paying AFs I can see the appeal of this card but for me the Barclays name just ends the race before it even begins.

Lol, not that bad.  Again, the problem starts when people carry big balances for several months and at the same time apply for too many CCs.

If people pay in full every month, there's really nothing to worry about..IMO.

You can't generalize Barclay's irrational behaviors into a condensed statement. They took AA on my twice and CLD'd me twice for "paying down balances too quickly." 

Message 29 of 138
Anonymous
Not applicable

4% back on dining with no annual cap is very appealing to me. Not sure why it's only 2% on Uber rides.... you'd think the Uber credit card would offer max-tier rewards for Uber rides! But either way... 4% on dining. I like that. Are there any other cards out there with 4%+ on dining w/ no AF and no cap? 

Message 30 of 138
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.