Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New credit card listed as secured on credit report

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: New credit card listed as secured on credit report

I started disputing all the negatives on my credit file. Three dropped off so far. I guess I just need to give it some time.
Message 11 of 14
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I started disputing all the negatives on my credit file. Three dropped off so far. I guess I just need to give it some time.

Reporting as secured will have no effect on your score.  It will not look bad.  

It is a good thing to start building new history right away so that as bad things age and fall away you are left with good credit.

Message 12 of 14
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

You should only dispute items you truly believe are incorrect and not just because they are possibly hurting your score. In fact part of the forum's Credit Repair Discussion Guidelines says this:

The only credit repair discussions allowed in FICO Forums are ones that exchange information on how to correct or remove real errors from your credit report – not accurate information that you want to get rid of because it may be negatively affecting your credit score.

Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm doing goodwill letters for collections that I paid off years ago and a few debts don't show iib that I'm disputing
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.